Hearts Warn Fans About Standing

2 hours ago, pete said:

Because of your statement. It looks to belittle people who can only go to a few evening matches. There are a lot of people who cannot buy a season ticket for a number of reasons but can go to games during the week that are not in the season ticket book.

I don't belittle anybody.

I don't mention the unknown personal circumstances of those who emerge, seemingly out of nowhere, to watch European matches.

Neither do I mention this strange "season ticket book" you speak of. ;)

1 hour ago, pete said:

I find it very difficult to believe that all supporters who only go to midweek games are all troublemakers. I only go when I am back home but I would hate to think I am classed in that group.

Congratulations for doing the most murderous violence upon the head of that straw man!

2 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Okay does that give them the right to come and disrupt what is the accepted behaviour of fans who are there most of the time as season ticket holders,sorry, but even if it is a one-off game for them they have to "behave" for want of a word ,maybe even "conform" is a better word.

"Unacceptable behaviour" aside, people have a right to behave more or less as they want.

But yes, many people who emerge, seemingly out of nowhere, to watch European matches often stand out.

I happen to sit in the rear of the main stand where I could usually catch up on my sleep.  Not so on European nights when I am startled to hear long forgotten songs from the distant past performed out by some unfamiliar soloist.  I don't think this is wrong, despite what emerges from the fevered imagination of the super moderator.  But it is one way, among many, in which such incredible supporters stand out.

4 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

"Unacceptable behaviour" aside, people have a right to behave more or less as they want.

But yes, many people who emerge, seemingly out of nowhere, to watch European matches often stand out.

I happen to sit in the rear of the main stand where I could usually catch up on my sleep.  Not so on European nights when I am startled to hear long forgotten songs from the distant past performed out by some unfamiliar soloist.  I don't think this is wrong, despite what emerges from the fevered imagination of the super moderator.  But it is one way, among many, in which such incredible supporters stand out.

If you explain what you mean when you make a statement then there can be no confusion over what you mean. I didn't imagine anything I read your statement as you wrote it which was belittling for all supporters who buy tickets for European games.

14 minutes ago, ranger_syntax said:

PS. Why are you bringing my moderator status into it, I answered you as an ordinary poster.

1 hour ago, ranger_syntax said:

Agree with 90% of what you say here RS.