Hearts Warn Fans About Standing

Just now, Gonzo79 said:

Some fans seem to want a silent stadium and no one to ever stand up.  Impossible to keep everyone happy.

It's a football match, not a night at the opera.  

You can sit down and sing.

Of course you can.  But it tends to be more restrained.

Give me five minutes of raucous atmosphere over a whole season sitting on my hands, any day.  There's nothing like the whole of Ibrox singing in unison but you're lucky if it happens a handful of times a season these days.

I'd always prefer to stand at games.  I don't think it has an effect on how vocal I am (but haven't thought about it too much) but somehow I enjoy it more while standing.  The only downside to standing is that I can't as easily (as sitting) manage my pie, bovril and clapping at the same time.

Having said that, I do think sitting sections are important, especially for younger bears.  You just don't see as much as a young fan when grown men are standing in your way, and if I thought I had paid for my youngsters to watch a game in a seating area, I wouldn't be happy at their view being obstructed.  I hope one day we can get to a point where large standing areas are normal again, and perhaps even seating areas become the minority.  I suspect that won't happen unfortunately.

On 01/12/2018 at 06:32, Gonzo79 said:

Pissed people, who are standing up, seem to create a better atmosphere.  I don't think there's any doubt there's more singing at our European matches.

I suppose we could stick to the Saturday library approach.

Gonzo, the whole point of the family stand is to create an atmosphere where kids feel safe. You can say it’s the clubs fault for selling tickets to idiots but it’s not the clubs fault. Everyone knows the Broamloan rear is the family stand with kids everywhere.

If your bringing drink in, behaving like a dick, drinking in front of kids which you know makes them uneasy then never mind being a supporter, as a human being your a dick! I totally understand anywhere else in the stadium but the family stand; it’s not on. Everyone on here knows it’s not on in that area.  These people who do that are not welcome at Ibrox.

8 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Why would you ask a question like that?

On 01/12/2018 at 02:15, ranger_syntax said:

The fans that appear, seemingly out of nowhere, for European matches are quite incredible.

Because of your statement. It looks to belittle people who can only go to a few evening matches. There are a lot of people who cannot buy a season ticket for a number of reasons but can go to games during the week that are not in the season ticket book.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Because of your statement. It looks to belittle people who can only go to a few evening matches. There are a lot of people who cannot buy a season ticket for a number of reasons but can go to games during the week that are not in the season ticket book.

Okay does that give them the right to come and disrupt what is the accepted behaviour of fans who are there most of the time as season ticket holders,sorry, but even if it is a one-off game for them they have to "behave" for want of a word ,maybe even "conform" is a better word.

10 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Okay does that give them the right to come and disrupt what is the accepted behaviour of fans who are there most of the time as season ticket holders,sorry, but even if it is a one-off game for them they have to "behave" for want of a word ,maybe even "conform" is a better word.

I find it very difficult to believe that all supporters who only go to midweek games are all troublemakers. I only go when I am back home but I would hate to think I am classed in that group.

25 minutes ago, pete said:

I find it very difficult to believe that all supporters who only go to midweek games are all troublemakers. I only go when I am back home but I would hate to think I am classed in that group

When I brought the subject up I was referring to a particular individual on the night in question and am not classifying all to be the same,indeed the seats beside me are often occupied by persons not the season ticket holder,with no problems ensuing.

Therefore I do not classify everyone in that group but only think if you are not a regular you should not annoy/antagonise regulars by poor behaviour that's all.