Hearts Warn Fans About Standing

Hearts warn season ticket holders they could face banning orders for standing during matches

Ahead of Rangers' visit to Gorgie on Sunday, the club has written to fans in Section N of the ground warning against unacceptable behaviour.

Hearts have warned a section of the Tynecastle support they face banning orders if they continue to stand during matches.

Ahead of Sunday's Premiership clash with Rangers, an email was sent to season ticket holders housed in the Main Stand Lower Section N and Wheatfield Lower Section G areas.

It highlighted concerns among the club hierarchy over supporters continuing to ignore guidance against standing during matches.

It follows a statement from Hearts owner Ann Budge earlier this month warning against unacceptable behaviour at Tynecastle.
That came after the derby draw with Hibs which was mired in controversy after Neil Lennon was hit by a coin and Hearts keeper Zdenek Zlamal was struck by an away fan.

Budge had warned fans they could face lifetime bans from the ground for any “singing or chanting any song or flying any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent”.

Standing during matches was another of the areas highlighted following regular complaints from fellow supporters.

"Standing is a problem both for safety reasons and because it spoils the football experience for fellow supporters," this week's email stated.
It continued: “At the Kilmarnock match, we increased the number of stewards in these areas. While there was an improvement in Wheatfield Section Lower G, there was little attention paid to the pre-match guidance from the club, or to stewards on the day, by those in the Main Stand Lower Section N.

“If this behaviour persists and stewards continue to be ignored, we will be left with no choice but to consider more radical options, such as banning orders or potentially closing those sections completely and reallocating seating elsewhere in the stadium.

“We fully recognise that this problem is created by a small minority of supporters and assure you that the club will continue its efforts to address the issue in an attempt to avoid the steps outlined above.

"However, we do need your help and cooperation to solve this problem.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-warn-season-ticket-holders-13667057

People standing in front of you can be very annoying and aggravating IMO.

In the first Euro group tie there was a guy continually standing and blocking my view right from the start of the game and I made it clear to him that he had better sit down as I was there to see the game not his back.He turned round gave me a right mouthful and a menacing stare and eventually left the seat after, about twenty minutes, and never returned.He was obviously a game ticket buyer as he has not been back since.

Therefore I agree with Budges's stance.

Hearts fans know if you want to sit down you don't go into that section.  Similar to BF1 at Ibrox.  

Budge might rid herself of some miscreants but future generations might find Tynecastle less appealing.

Standing up is more healthy.  I'm nearly 40 and prefer standing at the football.  

1 hour ago, MacK1950 said:

In the first Euro group tie there was a guy continually standing and blocking my view right from the start of the game and I made it clear to him that he had better sit down as I was there to see the game not his back.He turned round gave me a right mouthful and a menacing stare and eventually left the seat after, about twenty minutes, and never returned.He was obviously a game ticket buyer as he has not been back since.

The fans that appear, seemingly out of nowhere, for European matches are quite incredible.

3 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

The fans that appear, seemingly out of nowhere, for European matches are quite incredible.

Does that make them less of a supporter? Maybe they work most weekends or can't afford a season ticket.