The Winter 2018/19 - Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

29 minutes ago, buster. said:

Yes,  he needs to remain fit and healthy after playing half a season of at least 90 minutes of first team football every week.

It would do wonders for his value. Unfortunately I think the best case scenario for us on Rossiter is he goes to a League 1 side like Fleetwood and proves he well above that level and a Championship club come in with a bid in the summer. This is pretty much what seems to have happened with Docherty. Championship clubs scout league 1 heavily and trust it more than Scottish football imo because it's more easily comparable to themselves.

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

That would make sense and sure gives him a better opportunity to get back to expectation levels than Arab-land. 

Dunno, but my gut-feeling says that we won't wait for a fully fit Rossiter forever. Jack is there, Kamara soon too, McCrorie is rather able ... I would assume that Rossiter needs to get back to his best form to make the cut.

Steven Gerrard has confirmed defender Joe Worrall will stay at Rangers until the end of the season and not return to parent club Nottingham Forest.

?️SG: We have spoken to Nottingham Forrest, Joe will remain here until the end of the season. He was superb in the old firm match and we are happy with the job he has done.

— Rangers Football Club (@RangersFC) January 17, 2019

31 minutes ago, craig said:

Steven Gerrard has confirmed defender Joe Worrall will stay at Rangers until the end of the season and not return to parent club Nottingham Forest.

?️SG: We have spoken to Nottingham Forrest, Joe will remain here until the end of the season. He was superb in the old firm match and we are happy with the job he has done.

— Rangers Football Club (@RangersFC) January 17, 2019

I think that's excellent news for the rest of Rangers' season.

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

I think that's excellent news for the rest of Rangers' season.

Agreed. Scapegoated too often by the fans. People never seem to forget a poor performance against Livi but he never gets credit when he performs well, on one occasion in Europe he performed far better than Goldson and bailed him out a couple of times but he wasn't given any credit for it.

2 minutes ago, DMAA said:

Agreed. Scapegoated too often by the fans. People never seem to forget a poor performance against Livi but he never gets credit when he performs well, on one occasion in Europe he performed far better than Goldson and bailed him out a couple of times but he wasn't given any credit for it.

Eventually, you realise that some fans just need a soap opera scapegoat and the criteria for selection are almost always determined solely by how many others will support their opinion.

5 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Only give him to Dundee Utd if he's guaranteed to remain injured for the rest of the season, otherwise give them nothing. 

I agree.  I'd hate the thought of us helping them in any way John.  I was initially all for us building bridges with all clubs when we returned to the premier league, but all of these clubs (or at least most of them) just continually take shots at us.  So, burn the bridges I say.  Other than St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock (who appeared to abstain from attempts to continually hurt our club), We should do nothing to cooperate with them unless there was a massive benefit to us.  A move to United would not help Rossiter in my opinion so I'd rather he went anywhere else.

The news about JW remaining with us on loan is welcome news.  He's a young guy with plenty of areas to improve, but he's a warrior and I like that about him.  We need players that are willing to get stuck in because we are in a fight in every game we play.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

Other than St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock (who appeared to abstain from attempts to continually hurt our club

St Johnstone? Weren't Kilmarnock were the only club to abstain from demoting us?

I'm a pragmatist and building bridges with Scottish clubs benefits us, that's a fact we have to accept. That doesn't mean we should with every club of course but it's in our interest to with most. Our good relationship with Hamilton got us Docherty on the cheap when a Hibs or Aberdeen would have demanded triple the price if they dealt with us at all. This boy from Partick, just assuming he is a future Scottish international, a good relationship with the club could be the difference between signing him or not. I like the idea of loaning Rossiter, Hardie etc. to a Livingstone or Dundee (not United) because it disadvantages Celtic and advantages us when we play them. And when those clubs have a player we want it helps the negotations.

Edited by DMAA