Ryan Jack has signed a new contract

Jack is an excellent player to have in the squad.

A good team is about balance and that's up to the manager to sort out. 

A very good team needs quality and as well as balance.

A VG team that wins things needs mental toughness on top.

Jack gives the manager a particular option that is often needed in modern day football and he offers a degree of relative quality within the Scottish game but the balance is lacking wrt quality when it comes to a creative midfielder further up the park. 

Is Jack mentally tough?....I think he's got potential but I'm not sure he's reached that point in his career yet. 

Edited by buster.

On 22/12/2018 at 17:59, Rousseau said:

I think Jack is a good player, and is most certainly better than McCrorie and Coulibaly, but fair enough. 

I'm curious, though, out of our current players, who you think is good?  

McGregor arfield Morelos are my top 3

tav goldson barisic katic arfield dorrans murphy kent morelos Middleton are all players I like a lot

fod mcaulay halliday coulibaly mccrorie jack rossiter lafferty candieas Grezda have all done ok but I don’t think are as good as the first lot 

flanagan worrell can both leave anytime they like and wouldn’t be missed

might have missed some but that’s all I can think of at this time of night! What would your list look like by comparison @Rousseau?

9 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

McGregor arfield Morelos are my top 3

tav goldson barisic katic arfield dorrans murphy kent morelos Middleton are all players I like a lot

fod mcaulay halliday coulibaly mccrorie jack rossiter lafferty candieas Grezda have all done ok but I don’t think are as good as the first lot 

flanagan worrell can both leave anytime they like and wouldn’t be missed

might have missed some but that’s all I can think of at this time of night! What would your list look like by comparison @Rousseau?

I agree with all of that -- although I'd move Jack up to the 'players I like a lot' section, and move Katic down.

I'm surprised I agree with you... I must be maturing. 

Hopefully this Gif makes up for it:

giphy.gif

44 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I agree with all of that -- although I'd move Jack up to the 'players I like a lot' section, and move Katic down.

I'm surprised I agree with you... I must be maturing. 

Hopefully this Gif makes up for it:

giphy.gif

That bird has the same expression as Detony  Wilder when Tyson Fury got of the canvas .

Edited by compo