Personally I think he'd be a good signing. Again, at least we know what we're getting for our money.

I've seen a lot of the postings about him on other forums, but I think the problem with a lot of fans is that they just don't seem to realise the dire financial situation we're in. Who do they think we could get for similar money?

Why not spend more than the sums being talked about for McCulloch on an unknown foreign player instead?

I may not be happy about the way things are going, but I get the impression that WS is playing things very safe as he knows damn well he can't afford to make any expensive mistakes.

Bottom line is that the majority of fans aren't happy because Celtic seem to be able to out-spend us and also would appear to be a much more attractive proposition to players at the moment.

I would welcome him to the squad. We need a bigger squad so signing McCulloch would give us strenght on the left wing. He is good in attack don't know how many times i seen him getting at the back post for crosses into the box for a header or shot. Something Adam doesnt do

For what it is worth, here is what I have heard regarding McCulloch (and other targets).

McCulloch will sign for us maybe as soon as the weekend. With Wigan's EPL future secured and a new manager in place, the sale will go thro smoothly and we'll pay in the region of £1.3M. McCulloch will be a good addition to our squad as he can play wide left (in midfield of in a front 3) or thro the middle.

I have also heard that we will sign another 2 Bosmans in the coming days (or early next week). One of these is currently playing in Spain (sorry, no more information, but Bain has been working on this for a few weeks now) and Robbie Fowler has also been contacted and a deal is not far off.

EDIT - It appears that we will also put in a bid for Naismyth - £750,000-£1M

Cammy F

For what it is worth, here is what I have heard regarding McCulloch (and other targets).

McCulloch will sign for us maybe as soon as the weekend. With Wigan's EPL future secured and a new manager in place, the sale will go thro smoothly and we'll pay in the region of �£1.3M. McCulloch will be a good addition to our squad as he can play wide left (in midfield of in a front 3) or thro the middle.

I have also heard that we will sign another 2 Bosmans in the coming days (or early next week). One of these is currently playing in Spain (sorry, no more information, but Bain has been working on this for a few weeks now) and Robbie Fowler has also been contacted and a deal is not far off.

EDIT - It appears that we will also put in a bid for Naismyth - �£750,000-�£1M

Cammy F

Squad needs strengthening so Naismith and McCulloch would be good. Dunno about Folwer and the other bosmans, wil obviously depend on who they are. Care to divulge any sources.

Squad needs strengthening so Naismith and McCulloch would be good. Dunno about Folwer and the other bosmans, wil obviously depend on who they are. Care to divulge any sources.

Just someone who seems to get wee tit-bits regarding possible signings and other 'inside' information - he spoke to me on Sunday and told me about the above. He isn't always 100% reliable, but gets more right than he gets wrong.

Cammy F

I would say that Craptic needed a player like Brown more than we did - Lennon is leaving and Graveson has been a major let down and the rumours are he'll be let go in the summer (bought out of his contract). That leaves them very short in the middle. By comparison, we are very strong in that area - Ferguson, Thompson and Hendami - all very decent players.

IMO that is why they have out-bid us on Brown, they have more money and a greater urgency to strengthen in that area. I can see them being interested in Naismyth, he is a very promising player, but I think if he stays in Scotland, he'll come to Rangers.

McCulloch has stated publically that he wants a move back to Scotland for 'family reasons' and given his family, its safe to say that if he signed for Craptic, he'd need to move away from Scotland for 'family reasons' :devil:

Cammy F