For what it is worth, here is what I have heard regarding McCulloch (and other targets).

McCulloch will sign for us maybe as soon as the weekend. With Wigan's EPL future secured and a new manager in place, the sale will go thro smoothly and we'll pay in the region of �£1.3M. McCulloch will be a good addition to our squad as he can play wide left (in midfield of in a front 3) or thro the middle.

I have also heard that we will sign another 2 Bosmans in the coming days (or early next week). One of these is currently playing in Spain (sorry, no more information, but Bain has been working on this for a few weeks now) and Robbie Fowler has also been contacted and a deal is not far off.

EDIT - It appears that we will also put in a bid for Naismyth - �£750,000-�£1M

Cammy F:box:

if that is the level of player we are signing I fear for the coming season...

Fowler -big wages 32 years old

McCulloch-no pace....1.5 million??...why??

Naismyth-would be a good signing

CB from Spain....whats wrong with Ugo and Weir

If Fowler signs, he will not be on "big wages". I'm not sure where this has come from, but we don't pay big wages any more. There's a strict wage structure in place now and those days are gone. That's one reason why we were never even going to try and compete with Brown's alleged 25K a week offer.

Besides, the guy has made his fortune already and is worth a mint. I'm sure he's only after first team footy now. Anyway, he won't be signing, so that's a kind of rant about nothing!

Is McCulloch better than what we have? I think he could be. The fact we might have to pay 1M or so is just a sign of the times and the value on any player from England unfortunately.

We still don't know how much cash there will be in total, so its hard to say whether this is money well spent yet though. Assuming it happens.

Guest Sutton_Blows_Goats
If Fowler signs, he will not be on "big wages". I'm not sure where this has come from, but we don't pay big wages any more. There's a strict wage structure in place now and those days are gone. That's one reason why we were never even going to try and compete with Brown's alleged 25K a week offer.

Besides, the guy has made his fortune already and is worth a mint. I'm sure he's only after first team footy now. Anyway, he won't be signing, so that's a kind of rant about nothing!

Is McCulloch better than what we have? I think he could be. The fact we might have to pay 1M or so is just a sign of the times and the value on any player from England unfortunately.

We still don't know how much cash there will be in total, so its hard to say whether this is money well spent yet though. Assuming it happens.

Fowler is already one of the top 10 richest footballers in the UK i'm pretty sure (investment and the whole paid by leeds for 3 years after leaving may have helped!) so i doubt money will be his biggest incentive, it may just be that the boy wants to play before he gets past it.

if that is the level of player we are signing I fear for the coming season...

Fowler -big wages 32 years old

McCulloch-no pace....1.5 million??...why??

Naismyth-would be a good signing

CB from Spain....whats wrong with Ugo and Weir

ugo got shown up big time in europe and has had a few stinkers in the league as well. he wont see the light of day next season.

ugo got shown up big time in europe and has had a few stinkers in the league as well. he wont see the light of day next season.

fingers crossed :cheers:

Bit like Konterman, total nightmare of a player but because of a cracker against Celtic, some fans seem to rate him