[FT] Celtic 2 - 1 Rangers (Kent 63)

Watching those highlights that DerB posted 

- their first goal was due to two main factors. The loose Candeias pass and a brilliant/lucky first time pass from Forrest that gave their CF the advantage.

- Candeias redeemed himself in our goal with a brilliant back heel and interaction with Tav who played the ball inside and Kent finished magnificently.

- The third goal explains itself and like Candeias, Tav goes from one end of the scale to the other. 

- The last minute Worrall chance showed a defender (Ajer) who wanted it more than our centre half #Return2Sender ... there was a part of the game when Worrall's distribution was giving me flashbacks to Rob Kiernan at the same ground.

Edited by buster.

Edouard still had much to do after the mistake and the excellent pass. But what’s he doing? He runs to his own fans to celebrate. That’s not the celtic way.

Kent’s goal and other aspects of his play reminded me of Lovenkrands. I suppose Jones will be his replacement next season.

Just now, Scott7 said:

Edouard still had much to do after the mistake and the excellent pass. But what’s he doing? He runs to his own fans to celebrate. That’s not the celtic way.

Kent’s goal and other aspects of his play reminded me of Lovenkrands. I suppose Jones will be his replacement next season.

Edouard did what he had to do well. The pass put the ball into an area that gave him all the initiative.

Goldson tried to clip him but he kept his balance and drove at Worrall, one way then the other. In the blink of an eye it was done.

I'd give the forward the credit rather than point the finger at Worrall.

The damage was done when Candeias gave the ball away, thereafter we were on the backfoot and it was their quality that got a goal from it.

We have to hope that Jones, amongst others grows and improves as a player next season. I think he has the raw materials but he needs to deal with the expectation and be as consistant as a winger can be.

Edouard is probably worth all his 8m, as he showed time and again last and this season. And it also tells the difference between Scum FC and the rest of the league, even with us included. Sky listed the facts and figures for the Old Firm teams before the game and saw it fit to include "major trophies won since 2011/12. What peculiar time-span.

What they, and no-one else ever mentions is that the team collecting all these lovely trophies did so with a side assembled for 30m right back in the day 2012. With virtually any other side over the course of the season not being able to spent more than 300k (Aberdeen for Kenny McLean three years ago) if any money at all.  With the Edouard transfer alone they paid the same money that SG used to built this current side. Strange that back in the day the meida waved the "money-ladden" and über-rich banners our way, but no word now or these last five years.

And then you happen unto some Scotsman article riddled with lies ...

Money has been the root of all evil for Rangers; the splurging of sums the club weren’t generating propelling them to the abyss with liquidation seven years ago.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rangers-boss-steven-gerrard-we-need-financial-support-to-decorate-our-cake-1-4898669

... or conjecture. You just pray that the Scum will not survive the first qualifiers next season.

6 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Bullshit! So the concerted campaign from Celtic, ex-Celtic pundits and the media in general to get Morelos banned after the OF game at Ibrox didn't happen then? You never took any medicine, you were moaning to the Compliance Officer less than 24 hours after the game.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

Bullshit! So the concerted campaign from Celtic, ex-Celtic pundits and the media in general to get Morelos banned after the OF game at Ibrox didn't happen then? You never took any medicine, you were moaning to the Compliance Officer less than 24 hours after the game.

"It never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest. "

Harold Pinter 2005

2 hours ago, buster. said:

"It never happened. Nothing ever happened. Even while it was happening it wasn’t happening. It didn’t matter. It was of no interest. "

Harold Pinter 2005

Big cricket man, Pinter.

The Philistine might evince little surprise.