[FT] Kilmarnock 2 - 1 Rangers (Morelos 66)

4 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

He did have a save, didn't he. 

But he did make the best save of the season for Rangers at the same ground in August.

That's probably enough to get it today !

I'm not going to comment on the refereeing decision because it's difficult to say exactly what it looked like from his perspective. But with the benefit of this replay it couldn't be a more obvious dive. Is that going to be retrospectively examined?

Footnote on the Kilmarnock crowd and ticket allocation.

They turned up and provided an atmosphere for the home club.

Correct decision on their part.

Looking ahead, they'll be hoping some of the new attenders or returning old fans buy an ST for next season.

An increase of about 1,000 ST's / attendees per home game would offset loss of revenue (OF fans,: 4K x 4 games).

If Clarke was staying, I don't think they'd have a problem getting the numbers, reasonable results and atmosphere.

However, it seems as he's not, so it's an ambitious move and a bit of a gamble, although they could always go back to the old ticket allocations.

Credit where credit is due, Billy Bowie has done some job as owner since he came in.

25 minutes ago, buster. said:

An increase of about 1,000 ST's / attendees per home game would offset loss of revenue (OF fans,: 4K x 4 games).

Those figures are not quite correct as I reckon they will take in £300k as opposed to £400k. However, If you reckon Bowie is a clever businessman then I’m in no position to argue. Good luck to him as he will need it. Either that or he will lose money big style. I would However suggest a £100k loss a season is 2 good players for Kilmarnock. 

Edited by cooponthewing

14 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Those figures are not quite correct as I reckon they will take in £300k as opposed to £400k. However, If you reckon Bowie is a clever businessman then I’m in no position to argue. Good luck to him as he will need it. Either that or he will lose money big style. I would However suggest a £100k loss a season is 2 good players for Kilmarnock. 

My numbers were only fag packet level research.

What Bowie has achieved to date is remarkable and I'd be hesitant to dismiss his plans/ambitions.

That said, there is a glass cieling and having come top of the Provincial League (3rd), some would say the only way is down.

What he's probably looking for is to maintain/increase upturn in attendance, remain a top six club with some decent Cup runs.

Rabbit out of hat required re. new manager.

I'd note that the return of the Provincial title award signifies an important step forward for us on the way back.

Edited by buster.