Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19

Gersnet Forum Player of the Year 2018/19  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Rangers player of the year for season 2018/19?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/05/19 at 19:51

Interested to see how the forum votes on this...

Poll ends on Saturday evening in time for the podcast where the contributors to that will also pick their PotY.

FWIW, I've went for James Tavernier.

Although his form has dipped now and again, over the piece he's been first class from start to finish this season.  He's played almost all of our 60 games, has scored and contributed to many vital goals (especially pressure penalties) and has led by example across our all campaigns.  In many ways, the best method to judge his contribution is when he plays badly: quite simply the team struggles then as well.

I went for Morelos. Best player in the team, best player in Scotland. Top scorer in Scotland. Was a stand-out in so many games throughout the season and seemed to be a one man team at times.

Yes, there were issues but he was refereed differently from every other player in Scotland, and the authorities gave the opposition free reign to assault him (eg Broadfoot and Brown). Sent off several times incorrectly.

His reputation seems to have suffered due to the team playing well recently following a change in formation but that's due to the formation and not him being out of the team and it shouldn't be forgotten that he carried us for much of the season.

Morelos has been brilliant and it's difficult to argue with him winning it but some dodgy refereeing aside he has cost us in games and, even on Sunday, he reverted to type when he didn't need to.  I'd never want to remove the physical aspect of his game but he seems to lack the brains to use it at the correct times.  

Tav hasn't scored as many goals but, over the piece, is my preference because he rarely lets us down and is vital to our team.  Yes, he's guilty of the odd lapse of concentration (see Celtic Park in March) but those are becoming rarer and he really is in his prime.

4 minutes ago, Frankie said:

Morelos has been brilliant and it's difficult to argue with him winning it but some dodgy refereeing aside he has cost us in games and, even on Sunday, he reverted to type when he didn't need to. 

You mean scoring? :whistle:

I love Tav, so I'm not going to say anything negative to justify my choice of Morelos. :P:D

Very hard to argue against Tavernier, or Morelos. 

I peeked at the results before submitting and thought Arfield deserved a vote.

He's been a wonderful signing, and now that he's playing in a formation that suits his attacking play, he's been a stand-out. Even when the team wasn't playing well, Arfield always put in a shift.

Tav by a distance

Best signing we have made in years 

For what they have actually done, IMO he's worth more than Morelos................but it's Alfredo's potential that increases his value.

Frankie, I dont think you would have started this thread 12 months ago so it says testiment to the progression made - is that fair? So its refreshing to see we can have this again and says we are rebuilding. It was always going to be a bit of a lengthy one to get back to the top. 

For Tav to get near 20 from full back is astonishing figures but ive always always been a winger fan and I just voted Kent. I think he has everything in his locker to become a top notch player.