Season Ticket Sales

More than 43,000 supporters had renewed for the new campaign by Monday night’s deadline, a record number.

Rangers fans will be accommodated in the Broomloan Stand again next season for Old Firm matches, with only around 800 briefs made available to Celtic supporters.

The current figure is up 5,000 on the same stage last season, when a subsequent public offering saw ticket sales hit an historic high of just over 45,000.

That’s the number at which season tickets sales must be capped as a result of the Ibrox capacity of 50,000.

The 45,000 barrier is expected to be smashed again in the coming days through the public sale, raking in around £20 million for the club.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-fans-back-steven-gerrard-16190261?1

• Frankie changed the title to Season Ticket Sales
2 hours ago, Frankie said:

Fantastic - just shows how much regard Gerrard's work so far is held in.

Were we not selling out before Gerrard came in? I am all for Gerrard and he is improving us imo but I think we would have sold out no matter who is manager.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

Were we not selling out before Gerrard came in? I am all for Gerrard and he is improving us imo but I think we would have sold out no matter who is manager.

The numbers have been excellent for many years but increased last year and look like doing so again this summer.

I don't think the Broomloan was available when the main ticket sale was on last season so I don't think we can say for certain we would not have sold out last season. I may be wrong. Anyway it is fantastic from the support and I do think Gerrard has upped our expectations. I am not totally convinced however that his mistakes did not cost us the league title this season.

Rangers fans will be accommodated in the Broomloan Stand again next season for Old Firm matches, with only around 800 briefs made available to Celtic supporters.

Am I right in saying that Rangers fans will be accommodated in the Broomloan Stand again next season for ALL matches, not just Old Firm ones? Why`s the need to stress this Yahoo driven thing again? Oh wait, it's the DR ...