Can someone please remind me what the deal with the production, design, marketing and selling of the "rangers brand" is?

I read today that celtic are getting �£5m a season from nike - i just wonder if we are getting anywhere near as much, and what the benefits are of what we are doing.

My dad was recently in Toronto and while my mum and sister were away shopping in the malls, my dad went into the sports store's looking for gers tops, and speaking to the guys in the shops to see if they knew anything about us. Unfortunately its all "man u, chelsea, celtic and liverpool" and such like, that have the profile. When we were over in america it was a pretty poor attendance and you have to worry about how our profile is around the world - not with the ex-pats (once a ranger, always a ranger) - but with potential new fans. see man u and celtic with korean players (JS Park) and the japanese and polish boys.

You see peter lawwel or whoever the tims have shooting his mouth off about how big a club they are world wide and we just seem to be downsizing. even the new kit in my opinion is a pretty unprofessional looking thing (the white diamonds on the shoulder being lopsided for a start!) and stupid strips like that (and changing the appearance so much regularly) affect the image of the club! the pars looked dead smart in their new addidas kit, and the aberdeen top looks good too, but seeing our one in the champions league?! the badge doesnt look out of place, but its almost as thought its been put on an amateurs kit!

I guess its more a concern at the image and branding of rangers world wide, but i think the fact that we cut ties with the likes of addidas and nike have hindered us on the global market, and we may be making more money in the UK but what about world wide...

JJB paid us £18million up front and a minimum of £3million per year for the rights to sell our merchandise (mainly strips/clothing nowwdays). Our retail were making a profit of around £5million before the deal but strip sales are expected to fall across the board as superstores etc start to sell them on the cheap. Hence the reason for the 10 years JJB deal.

The Umbro deal was for 4 years from last season where theyhave been granted rights to distribute replica kits and training products abroad. It is anticipated that these arrangements will contribute £6.5m annually

through the Club's retail activities.

How that factors into the JJB deal is anyone's guess. :D

I agree if i walk around the sports shops here it is almost only Celtic and the big English clubs on show. You often see Dutch guy's wearing tim tops but i have only ever seen one guy with our strip on.

Same over here, you have Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal kits on sale everywhere plus Celtic tops on sale in the many Nike shops.

You can find Milan, Ajax, Inter, Barca tops a lot aswell but Ive never seen a Gers top for sale.

for a club that should be one of the biggest in the world, we are fairly falling behind :( and we cant use the SPL/Scotland as an excuse, cos like some of the other boys have verified, celtic tops are all over the place!

for a club that should be one of the biggest in the world, we are fairly falling behind :( and we cant use the SPL/Scotland as an excuse, cos like some of the other boys have verified, celtic tops are all over the place!

I think thats the term "glory hunters"

it sounds like an old cliche, but its mainly down to the people who run our club. They just dont seem to care. You would think someone like Murray who has an eye for a buck, would use every little opportunity to make money.

There is a market out there for Rangers, but we dont seem to taking advantage of it. And until someone with a little bits of intelligence and ambition comes in then we'll fall behind continously

Guest RFC1873

SDM went for the quick buck option. Perhaps to make the RFC look a better proposition for protential buyers?

Still begs the question though........ Where the JJB cash input going?