Special Pod: The 1989 Mo Johnston Bombshell

Totally disagree with the guests Stuart on the pod suggesting UEFA are even handed in their distribution of punishments? Is he having a laugh? I’m not even suggesting the obvious lenient treatment of shame fc but higher profile clubs with wrists slapped, and others who get hammered. Mind boggling comments tbh??

Edited by cooponthewing

25 minutes ago, cooponthewing said:

Totally disagree with the guests Stuart on the pod suggesting UEFA are even handed in their distribution of punishments? Is he having a laugh? I’m not even suggesting the obvious lenient treatment of shame fc but higher profile clubs with wrists slapped, and others who get hammered. Mind boggling comments tbh??

Who have you got in mind Coop? Some of the biggest fines have been to large powerful clubs, AC Milan were fined €12 million last season for example, Chelsea have a current transfer ban, Man City are facing something similar and were fined €40 million a few years ago, although it was downgraded to a still fairly eye-watering €17 million. UEFA do a lot wrong but they're fairly consistent in their treatment of clubs for stuff like that. The Tims have been charged something like 9 times in recent seasons. The fines they've got have been in keeping with fines other clubs got for similar offences. 

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

Who have you got in mind Coop? Some of the biggest fines have been to large powerful clubs, AC Milan were fined €12 million last season for example, Chelsea have a current transfer ban, Man City are facing something similar and were fined €40 million a few years ago, although it was downgraded to a still fairly eye-watering €17 million. UEFA do a lot wrong but they're fairly consistent in their treatment of clubs for stuff like that. The Tims have been charged something like 9 times in recent seasons. The fines they've got have been in keeping with fines other clubs got for similar offences. 

I was alluding to what I perceive as UEFA turning a blind eye to certain clubs when it suits them. I have heard them called many things but “even handed” is a new one?

IIRC in the context of the POD, it was discussing potential songs being sung and stand closures etc. Indicating UEFA are even handed in dealing with clubs/supporters. FFP wasn’t being mentioned which is why I didn’t state finances. They are far from even handed in my opinion, and there are clubs with support who get preferential treatment. The prime example is shame fc.

Edited by cooponthewing

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/07/2019 at 15:49, cooponthewing said:

I was alluding to what I perceive as UEFA turning a blind eye to certain clubs when it suits them. I have heard them called many things but “even handed” is a new one?

IIRC in the context of the POD, it was discussing potential songs being sung and stand closures etc. Indicating UEFA are even handed in dealing with clubs/supporters. FFP wasn’t being mentioned which is why I didn’t state finances. They are far from even handed in my opinion, and there are clubs with support who get preferential treatment. The prime example is shame fc.

Apologies for the late reply I've been on holiday. 

Again, Celtic are the most censured and fined club in Scotland. UEFA are far harder on them than the SFA are and I'm not aware of UEFA favouring them over us (or anyone else) but I'm happy to be corrected if you are. We've had fines too, we were fined last season for supporters going onto the pitch for example. The 'big' clubs get fined too, Liverpool were fined for missiles being thrown at the Man City bus and Spurs were fiend for a fan going on the pitch same as we were. 

UEFA are corrupt, I've no doubt about that, but they seem fairly evenhanded when it comes to fines and censures to clubs in UEFA competitions. 

58 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Apologies for the late reply I've been on holiday. 

Again, Celtic are the most censured and fined club in Scotland. UEFA are far harder on them than the SFA are and I'm not aware of UEFA favouring them over us (or anyone else) but I'm happy to be corrected if you are. We've had fines too, we were fined last season for supporters going onto the pitch for example. The 'big' clubs get fined too, Liverpool were fined for missiles being thrown at the Man City bus and Spurs were fiend for a fan going on the pitch same as we were. 

UEFA are corrupt, I've no doubt about that, but they seem fairly evenhanded when it comes to fines and censures to clubs in UEFA competitions. 

Have to disagree with you but take your point. If we were in their (those from the east) shoes, there would have shelves of books thrown at us. Maybe even a free for all at the library!