It's often commented on Rangers sites that we used to be regularly chastised in the press for a lack of a contribution to national squads, yet now we have improved the number of Scots starting the press often fail to mention it.

Last night 6 bears contributed to a Scottish victory. Ok it was a friendly and poor opposition, but a win away is a good result for us. Lets not get carried away with our current ranking which is really a bit high.

Starters

McGregor - Debut. Hardly troubled but a confident display, coming for balls which will in turn breed confidence in the defence. Admitted himself he is unlikely to displace Gordon, even if CG has a slump in form. Regardless competition for the number one spot is good for Scotland.

Weir - Best CB Scotland has. Enough said. Shame he doesn't have much time left.

Fergie - Captain. First pick. Time and again the only man who can live at international level with almost any team, with the possible exception of Fletcher.

Boyd - Linked well with O'Connor, setting up his goal. Pleasantly suprised by the partnership as I though O'Connor was a poor man's Boyd, but GO played off Boyd well. Missed two good chances (the overhead was unlucky imo, poor contact but hard to get on the end of) and a third which should've been a goal, no excuses.

Subs

Hutton - Going on last nights performance by Alexander, Alan should've started. Best RB we have available. Well deserved debut, although Eck erred by not giving him the full game imo.

Adam - Good debut season with Rangers, rewarded with a debut at international level. Short time to impress. Again, why not use a friendly to learn more about the guys who have yet to play at this level and will be available to the national set up for the next decade at least?

The Celtic contribution

Caldwell started and was one of the worst players on the field. Constantly giving away needless free kicks. Too naive for an international performance. Nearly cost us a goal, losing his man late on to bullet a header off the bar.

Hartley came on RM, lacked discipline playing with no width and moving into the middle all the time. Would make it hard for the RB with a lack of cover and his captain's effectiveness was limited as he had to move to the right to cover for Hartley. Very poor, on form he should not be in the squad. Poor for over a year.

McManus is probably better than Caldwell, should maybe have started. Came on late on to shore up the middle of the park. No time to have a real impact.

Now bearing in mind if Smith can regularly recapture his pre-injury form consistently he should be a starter, and the Webster at Hearts was a national pick and the future for the national team and Rangers is looking very bright.

My Scotland team when all are fit and on form would be:

Gordon

Hutton Weir Webster Smith

Brown Fergie Fletcher McCulloch

Boyd McFadden

Subs

McGregor

Anderson

Naysmith

Quashie

O'Connor

i think you have the blue tinted specs on there mate

_____________Gordon________________

Hutton_____Weir_____McManus____Naysmith

Brown_____Fletcher____Ferguson___McFadden

___________Boyd_______Miller__________

That's the line up for me there but if O'Conner keeps impressing well i would play Boyd and O'Conner. They linked up well last night. Still haven't heard any goo dpraise for Boyd yet from last night's display, he was coming short lookng for the ball and looked intrested

i think you have the blue tinted specs on there mate

_____________Gordon________________

Hutton_____Weir_____McManus____Naysmith

Brown_____Fletcher____Ferguson___McFadden

___________Boyd_______Miller__________

That's the line up for me there but if O'Conner keeps impressing well i would play Boyd and O'Conner. They linked up well last night. Still haven't heard any goo dpraise for Boyd yet from last night's display, he was coming short lookng for the ball and looked intrested

And yet you've only removed two Rangers players. Webster who was an established Scotland international until injury and the Hearts/Wigan debacle and McManus is an overrated thug.

Naysmith at the minute is fair enough, however he isn't a guaranteed starter at Everton and when Smith is fit and playing regular, he'll be pushing hard for a start. Would likely have been capped already if he hadn't got injured.

Miller is absolutely no threat as a striker and doesn't play well with Boyd. If we're playing two up Miller just doesn't count. O'Connor last night made a case for playing and McFadden is one of the few players we have who will make something from nothing.

You've barely changed my team at all and accused me of having blue tinted specs?:confused:

Yes as you had Webster and Smith in. Webster has played hardly any matches for the last year odd. Smith hasn't even established himself as an international player yet.

I put in the caveat that it was my team when all were fit and on form. I didn't mean that was the team I would play next Wednesday.

I was thinking more the team I would play perhaps a few months into the new season. However new faces may be in the reckoning come that time.

Yes as you had Webster and Smith in. Webster has played hardly any matches for the last year odd. Smith hasn't even established himself as an international player yet.

But Fraser.... you had Hutton in your team and he hasn't established himself as an international player either......

True there but i dont think we have any strong right backs for Scotland at the moment. If we put Hutton in there i think we will then have a very good team

That as may be but your criticism of Super_Ally was based on Smith not having established himself whilst you included another non-established player.

Fit and on form Smith would be my choice too. But right now Naysmith is an easy option.

hard to argue with S_A. i dont think it can be called blue-tinted when everything's argued for. you can disagree with the reasoning but blue-tinted's got hee-haw to do with it.