Dunno Craig,but you get what i mean,we took six off them @ Hampden so surely goals are goals if the group is so tight @ the end of play

I thought that due to the fact there are minnows in the groups that they only took goals against, say, the top 3 or 4 teams in the group - which means Faroes would be discounted totally - was pretty sure that they brought this in a few years ago.

Could definitely be wrong

I thought that due to the fact there are minnows in the groups that they only took goals against, say, the top 3 or 4 teams in the group - which means Faroes would be discounted totally - was pretty sure that they brought this in a few years ago.

Could definitely be wrong

Well i can't argue with that mate, it's still 8 goals for and 0 against :) ,and keeps us in with an outside chance of qualifying :cheers:

Awful performance, did not enjoy watching that at alll.

Very few with pass marks for me.

Gordon - Solid enough. Spectator first half, some good stops second half.

Alexander - Started off ok but when Faroes dominated second half everything was coming down his flank. Not helped by Hartley's inability to play with discipline and stay on the right. Hutton should definitely be playing instead. Of course international managers don't wanna rock the boat and will persist with the older player as he has more caps and hence experience, even if he is clearly a lesser player.

Weir - Pretty solid overall. The odd mistake but playing beside McManus can't help.

McManus - Very suspect. Looks out of his depth at international level. Lost by attackers time and again. He and Hartley nearly cose us a goal from the right but Weir (I think) saved our ass.

Naysmith - Not as good as versus Austria. Fairly average game.

Hartley - Atrocious. Should not be in the squad never mind the team. Hasn't played well in over a year.

Fergie - Not as dominating as normal, but kept possession well, looked for forward balls when they were available, if not kept the ball. Got forward occassionally but we as a team could rarely put together a passing move.

Fletcher - Second poor game in a row. Expect more from a Man U regular. Could hardly find a team mate with the ball.

Maloney - Goal will take away from another anonymous performance. When he gets the ball you expect him to do something. However in inevitably ends up getting tackled or just slows the attack down. Gave more width than hartley.

O'Connor - Scored the vital second. Good touch. Always looking for the ball and dropping deep to link play. Due to lack of service was too deep at times.

Boyd - Worked hard enough but not his best day. One chance with which he should of worked the keeper, but didn't connect correctly and blazed over. Also suffered from a lack of service.

Teale - In less than a minute on the right he hit the bye line and got a cross in. More effective than Hartley was on the right for the first 65 minutes!

Adam - Not afraid to have a shot but they were optimistic at best. Fresh legs when we were tiring and the Faroes were taking control.:o

Naismith - International debut. Came on and tried to offer a bit of movement. Little time to impress.

With Barry suspended I worry if we are able to beat Lithuania with a midfield of Maloney, Fletcher, Hartley and a.n.other.

Hopefully by the time the game comes round I hope Fletcher has regained form as that's two poor performances in a row. Really disappointed with him in this double header. How Maloney and Hartley started after their "efforts" versus Austria is beyond me. And today there performances largely vindicated that opinion. Maloney's only saving grace was the improtant opener. I also hope these two are dropped and we have some of the injury casualties back. My midfield for Lithuania if fit would be:

McCulloch Quashie Fletcher Brown.

I also hope McManus is dropped as he always looks suspect for Scotland as does Caldwell. It has to be Anderson unless Webster is challenging again.

Unfortunately Hartley will likely start along with McManus/Pressley.

I'll just add you missed out McFadden there SA.

But a win is a win and il take that result all day long despite the performance.

The way we have to look at it is it was a awkward place to play and at the end of a long season.

I didnt see the game but reading SA's post the side maybe needs a few changes for the next match when everyone is fit.

Fergie will miss the next match but Quashie, Brown, McCulloch and McFadden will all return and Thomson may even get into the squad.

At the back Pressley and Anderson should be fit.

Im am just pleading we beat Lithuania at Hampden in Sept. If we win that then we are close as France play in Italy on that day. I suppose we want the French to win as id rather fancy our chances beating Italy at Hampden than the French in Paris.

Missed the game last night but caught the highlights on BBC. 1st half we were in control and were in cruise control. 2nd half we were anally raped but the Faroes just couldn't score! If they got 1 it would've been tenderhooks.

I kinda thought Italy would struggle against Lithuania but they got a good 2-0 win. Another 3 points against Lithuania in September should set us up nicely for the remaining games.

Im am just pleading we beat Lithuania at Hampden in Sept. If we win that then we are close as France play in Italy on that day. I suppose we want the French to win as id rather fancy our chances beating Italy at Hampden than the French in Paris.

Would a draw between France and Italy be a good thing? France have already fucked Italy 3-0 in Paris so you've got to see them going into the game as favourites.

What about Ukraine, who have they still got left to play?

Would a draw between France and Italy be a good thing? France have already fucked Italy 3-0 in Paris so you've got to see them going into the game as favourites.

What about Ukraine, who have they still got left to play?

The way i was looking at it is if France beat Italy and we beat Lithuania we go ahead of Italy with 4 to play.