• Niko Katic
    • Borna Barisic
    • Ryan Jack
    • Steven Davis
    • Joe Aribo
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Alfredo Morelos

Several good performances again last night with Ryan Jack top drawer and Steven Davis as good as he's been since his return.

Has to be Niko Katic for me.  I thought Goldson started the game better but Katic really stormed into the match and dominated brilliantly at the back.  A late booking perhaps spoilt his copy book but that's not a big deal when he plays so strongly.

Just now, DMAA said:

I think Jack, Davis and even Tavernier (who is bizarrely becoming underrated again) put in very strong performances but Katic deserves this one.

Tav was very poor first half but improved after the break.

Getting the left hand side working is important for us as it will help ease the creative load off Tav and Arfield who are both not exactly in top form.

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

I think Jack, Davis and even Tavernier (who is bizarrely becoming underrated again) put in very strong performances but Katic deserves this one.

tav isn’t being underrated. He’s being rated according to his performances. He’s slowly getting there but we have problems relying on him as our principal attacking outlet. We definitely need a left back and it’s beginning to look like Joe Aribo needs a rest.

Katic for me....Gerard had said that he would run through a brick for for him and last night proved that.

Sure he started a wee bit shaky but wasn't alone in that department.

He should have been penalised for a late foul when he flew over a legia player but that apart was solid.

Jack and Davis played really well and took control in the second half breaking up most of their play and keeping us on the front foot.

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

He’s slowly getting there but we have problems relying on him as our principal attacking outlet.

That isn't exactly his fault. I don't think people realise the amount of ground he is covering in this new formation, without a winger in front of him he is hitting the byline one minute and back in our box the next. We do need to vary our play but like it or not we do still rely on him and you might not notice him when he's there sometimes but you'd certainly notice it if he wasn't, a lot of what we do goes through him.