• Steven Davis
    • Scott Arfield
    • Sheyi Ojo
    • Ryan Kent
    • Joe Aribo
    • Alfredo Morelos
    • Brandon Barker
    • Andy King

Honorary mentions for Barker (who was really good) and Tav (who I thought never hid and drove us on time after time) but has to be Alfredo again.

The lad really is a top, top player and as much as Defoe has done well also, Morelos has to play every game as he's unstoppable at times.

While I am a huge Morelos fan he missed a good few chances today and so for me was just pipped to MOTM by Davis, the one player who tried to drive us on, make forward passes, tackled well and also had the liabilities around him to contend with today that were Aribo and Ojo, who were both honking until we got 2-1 ahead. I’m sorry guys but you can’t hide until the games won then start to play.

i thought our whole back 4 defended terribly for having such little work to do they all made mistakes and you could easily change 3 out of the 4 for Thursday and they couldn’t complain. Our marking at set pieces was frightening and I was wondering if this was the same side who defended brilliantly against Legia just 2 games ago?

Not a classic and nobody would have got more than a 7/10 from me, with some getting considerably less.

The midfield looked brittle at stages and I'm putting that down to the loss of Jack.  However Davis played well as usual.  MotM has to be Alfie though.  I know everyone is just praying he's turned the corner in his maturation because when he is in the mood he's top drawer.  McCoist was the type of player who needed others to create the chances but Alfie is more like Negri in that he can create his own chances and is a constant nightmare for defenders.  Every time he's on the ball there's a sense of anticipation and excitement.  The game wasn't great yesterday but I still enjoyed watching Morelos.  Brilliant!