Rangers Confirm Legends Match Against Liverpool

Might have been a better idea for SG to play 45mins for both teams but it's for a good cause so it's hardly the end of the world.

It's certainly a lot of money to ask for fans who've already shelled out for a range of European, domestic and friendly matches this summer but good luck to those who fancy it!

SG cant play for our legends team as he hasnt played for us. I have no problem with him playing for Liverpool legends if he is inclined to do so. I tihnk its a bit silly for us to organise a game against Liverpool legends when our current manager will be playing against our own guys. Do Rangers fans boo him if he scores or puts in a Gerrard-like meaty tackle? Do we cheer if one of our own takes him out? Its a no-win situation that should have been best avoided until he has moved on from being our manager.

Arranging another friendly match at Ibrox (the 5th in 11 weeks) on top of 5 European home matches with another 2 expensive tickets to come in the next month or so is taking the piss out of our loyal supporters. At the very earliest this should have been in the winter break or next Spring. Could we not have played them down there if we had to play them at all?

Never been to a legends game and never will so its not affecting me in the slightest but some fans will have pressure from kids to go to this and I feel we are exploiting our fans a bit with these games.