Penalty rule

Just heard Bas Nijenhuis a Dutch referee and VAR referee say: If the ball hits a defender's arm and it is not intentional and his arm is in a natural position then it is no penalty and play should be waved on. With an attacker if it hits his arm it is a foul no matter whether it is intentional or where his arms are placed. That is because an attacker should not get an advantage or scoring chance off his arm.

They are making it up as they go now. When did they have different rules for attackers & defenders?? VAR is meaning that different rules are being applied at different levels of the game. It needs scrapped!

They can interpret the penalty rule whichever way they want, but when that handball on Sunday stops being a stick on penalty then we might as well abolish them altogether.  I've no idea what Dallas was thinking.  Maybe he lost concentration and was thinking about his Sunday dinner rather than watching the game.  Whatever the reason he'll be embarrassed about it now.  It was so bad that apparently even Sutton was saying it's the most stonewall penalty you'll see.

1 hour ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Was it not outside the box? I was pretty much in line with it in the main stand and it looked outside to me. It’s a clear handball though and the ref had a clear view of it.

It was close but I don't think it matters if he was standing in the box.