This time of year you see many people complaining about the bs rumours getting annoyed with the paper talk and generally wishing the window was shut. Am I the only one who feels the opposite and the lack of activity this summer, even paper bs, is doing my head in?:mad:

Whats annoying me is all the big noise activity seems to be on the other side of the city. Seems there heavily linked with 2 players from Serie A and this Appiah story is still hanging round. And then theres also Eidur Gudjohnsen getting linked to them.

Malky

Whats annoying me is all the big noise activity seems to be on the other side of the city. Seems there heavily linked with 2 players from Serie A and this Appiah story is still hanging round. And then theres also Eidur Gudjohnsen getting linked to them.

Malky

Aye that's probably what grinds my gears (:D ). :(

I beleive the Gudjohnsen stuff is a non-starter. Never heard of the Italians (there was a Delvecchio who was ace, but was that not a stiker?). Also are Sampdoria (or maybe a.n.other Italian) team gazumping the bid for one of them? Wont worry about the Italian bids or Eidur yet. Looks like Lawwell or someone else is linking them with unrealistic targets to rub salt into the wounds of our lack of activity. You hear Appiah etc all the time which gets there name in the papers, but then they buy Killen.

I was the same on transfer deadline day when there was the whole Scott Brown thing going on. Or not. I'm online a lot just now and its doing my head in that there's hardly any news regarding potential signings or, shock horror, an actual signing.

Hopefully its a return to the days of old when WS would identify players and the first we'd know about them is when they were paraded at Ibrox. But unfortunately I think that's wishful thinking.

I guess I'm just desperate to see players arriving as I know we need to sign 6 or so and if we leave it to the last minute, it could all go horribly wrong.

Once the season starts the price for unwanted players will suddenly drop. The name of the game is picking the right moment to buy and sell. At the end of july teams will start to offload unwanted players much cheaper.

Even the lack of realistic transfer talk is frustrating.

We are only linked with Naismith and he is the only rumour we can discuss. Even the McCulloch and Webster deals have went quiet.

I have no doubts we will sign a player or 2 but when and who is another matter.

For what it is worth, IMO the Beasley deal has been completed and he is (rightly or wrongly) concentrating on the Gold Cup with the USA before being officially paraded as a Rangers player. The clubs have agreed a fee and we have agreed personal terms with the player.

Celluer (sp) could also become a Rangers player next week if we make a bid of over �£2M pounds for the player. Osusuna will accept an offer of over �£2M and the player has already stated his desire to play for us.

Naismyth is the most baffling deal - as far as I an led to believe, we are the only club who have put in a firm offer (in fact we have put in two firm offers). Killie are holding out for �£1M plus add-ons, we have offered �£750,00 plus add-ons which would take the fee to over �£1M depending on appearences, Scotland caps etc. Killie hold all the aces, the player is under a long-term contract and as far as they believe, if no one matches their evaluation, the player will stay. Don't be surprised if SN is still a Killie player at the start of the season.

If you remember WS first stint as Rangers manager, you will remember that most deals weren't made public until the player had actually signed. If and its a big if we are going about of business away from the prying eyes of the press, then that is a positive IMO.

Cammy F

Danny Mills is the rumour on the BBC today.

5 years ago this would have been a class signing but now Id have Hutton way ahead of him. But Mills would be fairly good back up.

Mills and Fowler, any other ex-Leeds players we can sign for hee-haw :)

Talking of Leeds, interesting to see what happens with David Healey - he can leave Leeds for �£400,000 as they were relegated. Not the best scoring record domestically (where he has played in different positions and sat on the bench) but a phenominal record at international level. Does he make more financial sense than over �£1M for Naismith?

Cammy F