Great Vlog on last night's game from a neutral perspective

1 minute ago, 26th of foot said:

Thank-you for posting the vlog.

I thought the vloggers caught the raw passion, particularly I liked the mix of confident and apprehensive score predictions across the generations. Such objectivity puts most of the Scots press pack to shame.

Good vlog, refreshing.

Scotland is such a hate filled wee shithole that it takes two English guys to just appreciate Rangers & Ibrox

The presentation contains a good contrast.

The younger guy has a great passion for the football narrative; there's a beginning ie going to the match, there's a middle ie the game itself, and the end is the low key, coming down appraisal in the hotel lounge. The older lad adds bon mots and occasional reinforcement of comments.

BBC Scotland's, 'the View from the Terrace' should take note.

Enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Really conveyed the excitement of the event and a great advert for the club and fans.

If done well, I think these vlogs are vastly more entertaining than podcasts that drone of for an hour or more and only reach out to a dedicated few. 

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

What I also found interesting was the fans' sense of pride when asked about key players.  Not only did everyone say Morelos, but they looked genuinely proud to give his name.  We do have a talisman we can be genuinely proud of.  I can't remember the last time we had that.

I posted something on here two or three years ago about my concern that we may lose the younger generation because we didn't have that star in the team they can all look up to, and immitate in their games with pals.  This is of critical importance to younger fans these days.  They're all brought up with the FIFA/PES culture where it's all about the player names, and in particular the stars.

Thankfully we now have a real star in the team and although we know we will lose him at some point, he will always be associated in some way with our club.  It also builds hope that the next undiscovered star is just around the corner.

Furthermore, we now have role models in all parts of the team.  I know in my family/friends circle that their favourites cover a wide range of our players now, including Goldson, Tav, Jack, Davis, Aribo, Kent, Ojo, Defoe and Morelos.  Again, when was the last time we could have a genuine debate about who our best players are? For the past few seasons it was more about who was the least worst rather than who is our best.  For our long term future and securing the fans of tomorrow, this should not be underestimated in its importance.

The board, Gerrard and his management team, and the players have restored real pride in the club again and the future is very exciting.  The younger ones in my family are completely hooked once again and for someone who thought these days might never come again, I was quite emotional last night.  I could see and hear the excitement and genuine pride coming from them.  This was further highlighted when I saw this Vlog, because that excitement is so infectious and this was excellently captured in this short video.

We already knew we are on the verge of something special, but that secret is now out because that result last night will make everyone sit up and take notice of what we are achieving.  Our club's story over the past few years will make a superb movie at some stage, but especially if we can write the fairytale ending for them and achieve 55 this season or next.

This is a hugely important consideration and what they need from Santa in December is a League Cup trophy. The younger generation need to experience us win silverware sooner rather than later.

1 hour ago, Gaffer said:

This is of critical importance to younger fans these days.  They're all brought up with the FIFA/PES culture where it's all about the player names, and in particular the stars.

It's been that way for a long time.  My sons support  Chelsea and Arsenal (they grew up in southern Britain) but actually as they were first getting interested in the game they became big fans of Giofranco Zola and Terry Henry which led to their club support.