Filip Helander

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Is that over five furlongs or five hours? Or is this just the rhetorical mile?

Sorry I thought we were talking about football on a football park. I am not sure where you played your football but I have never played on a pitch of five furlongs or a rhetorical mile. I don't fancy being a keeper on your pitches, they will not see much of the game. I would guess that most sprints for a footballer is between 5 and 50 metres. I am not sure what your argument is to be honest.

On 15/11/2019 at 12:02, Bill said:

This is ridiculous. I'll ask the question again - what does slow mean?

Is it 1m/s ... 2m/s ... 3m/s ... or what? Or is it defined in terms of acceleration - if so, what is the threshold between slow and fast? Who has actually been measuring these factors and what apparatus did you use to do it?

Or is "slow" merely something baseless we say when we want to be critical of a player? Why don't we just stick to the time-honoured "he's shite"? At least that had the merit of being a purely subjective and dimensionless expression and would avoid the pretence of actual knowledge.

When I am using the term slow, to describe Filip Helander, I am saying that I have witnessed enough opponents running faster than him to remark upon it.  I'm obviously not using any apparatus to measure his speed so your query about precision is irrelevant.  The only basis for saying that he is slow is what I have witnessed so far.

Strictly speaking I should have used the term slower.  I would quite happily say that he was 'sh***' if I thought that he was.  Since he is slow I will just say that he is slow.

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

When I am using the term slow, to describe Filip Helander, I am saying that I have witnessed enough opponents running faster than him to remark upon it.  I'm obviously not using any apparatus to measure his speed so your query about precision is irrelevant.  The only basis for saying that he is slow is what I have witnessed so far.

Strictly speaking I should have used the term slower.  I would quite happily say that he was 'sh***' if I thought that he was.  Since he is slow I will just say that he is slow.

Slower 

16 hours ago, DMAA said:

Only on a Rangers forum could a thread showering praise on a Rangers player turn into a full blown debate on what constitutes being "slow"... 

Don't see why.

Plenty of other teams have slow defenders too.

It's not just Helander.