Tax officials blamed for the downfall of Rangers

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

As an aside, I'd like to reiterate that I don't want individual names and associated allegations being made on here.

Yes, there are a number of people who may have played a part in what happened to Rangers over a number of years but, rest assured, if there was proof of nefarious activity then it would be most obvious by now.

It’s early Frankie, I have amended my post to reflect what you said?

Edited by cooponthewing

No matter what hat I wear, be it as a taxpayer, a citizen, a supporter... we deserve better than this from our public institutions.

Nothing short of an independent investigation or inquiry will do.

I am also slightly surprised there has been no official comment from the club as yet.  

5 minutes ago, stewarty said:

I am also slightly surprised there has been no official comment from the club as yet.  

There's nothing new of substance to comment on that's directly related to the existing company.

We have to remember this is six month old news as it stands with no new information to explain the £20m claim by The Times.

Just now, Frankie said:

There's nothing new of substance to comment on that's directly related to the existing company.

We have to remember this is six month old news as it stands with no new information to explain the £20m claim by The Times.

I appreciate that, but there is a lot of misinformation going around so a comment to that effect would be helpful, I reckon.   Perhaps it is more appropriate to wait for BDO's updated report.

Just now, stewarty said:

I appreciate that, but there is a lot of misinformation going around so a comment to that effect would be helpful, I reckon.   Perhaps it is more appropriate to wait for BDO's updated report.

The updated report will be the reveal.  But, even then, I'm unconvinced the newco can do anything other than note it.

Sure, individuals such as David Murray, Dave King and, even Craig Whyte, may have more to say but I suspect the only people to benefit from any claim revision will be oldco creditors.

13 minutes ago, Frankie said:

No, it was the Scottish version of the paper.

I think he means the 'English' (ie London) Times rather than the Evening Times. ?

It was in the Scottish section of the English online version as well.