If this was going happen it would have gone through by now. Read someone on the forum said it have been done but they were going to wait till after the Gold Cup to announce it so he could concentrate playing in it. But lets face it, the Gold Cup isn't a major tournament and bigger deals than this have been annoucnced during European Championships and World Cups.

Malky

DaMarcus Beasley says a transfer deal away from PSV Eindhoven to another European club has been agreed, with Rangers thought to be his destination.

The winger will complete his move after playing for the USA against Mexico in Sunday's final of the Gold Cup.

Beasley said: "I can't say where I'm playing, but I do know where I'm going.

"There have been a lot of things said in the papers - rumours this, rumours that. I'm glad I can finally be done with that."

The 25-year-old joined PSV for �£1.5m in 2004 after more than four seasons with Major League Soccer outfit Chicago Fire.

He was farmed out to Manchester City last season, scoring three goals in 18 games for the Premier League club during his loan spell in England.

There has been significant progress in the negotiations between ourselves and Rangers

PSV Eindhoven chief executive Stan Valckx

His transfer has been delayed by the USA's progress in the Gold Cup, the international tournament involving countries in the Caribbean and North and Central America.

Beasley won a penalty as the USA reached the final with a controversial 2-1 victory over Canada in their semi-final, while Mexico beat Guadeloupe 1-0.

The winger was brought down by goalkeeper Pat Onstad, allowing Landon Donovan to score put the USA 2-0 ahead from the penalty spot before the Canadians had an injury-time equaliser disallowed.

He had previously confirmed that Rangers were one of the clubs interested in his signature.

But he insisted nothing had been finalised and that he would not reveal his preferred destination until the Gold Cup campaign was over.

Beasley has been left out of the squad for the forthcoming Copa America, the USA competing as guests in the 12-nation championship of South America, as he decides his own club future.

Meanwhile, PSV Eindhoven chief executive Stan Valckx told The Sun: "There has been significant progress in the negotiations between ourselves and Rangers.

"The discussions have been accelerated, but we must wait until after DaMarcus plays for his country on Sunday."

Rangers reportedly tabled an initial bid of �£500,000 but may have had to move closer to �£1m to secure the midfielder's services.

A million quid!

Looks like a decent bit of business IMO - a player with international experience who has also played in Holland, EPL and the Champions League.

If he is as good and as solid performer as his countryman Reyna was for us, then I'll be more than happy.

Cammy F

Looks like a decent bit of business IMO - a player with international experience who has also played in Holland, EPL and the Champions League.

If he is as good and as solid performer as his countryman Reyna was for us, then I'll be more than happy.

Cammy F

if hes half as good as reyna ill be happy.