Pyrotechnics

Pyrotechnics  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Pyrotechnics how does the club stop them?.

• Have cctv closely covering known area of use,and automatically ban for life any user.
    • Have "spotters" watching out for use and identify to police?.
    • Do nothing and let the club be "sanctioned"?.
  2. 2. Do you agree with above

• Yes
    • No

Like most people I think I'm somewhat of a hypocrite on the matter.

1.  Usually when pyro is set off it's because we've scored (or to add colour/noise to a pre-match display).  As such, I usually enjoy it, even if I've been near where it has been sent off once or twice.

2.  With my H&S hat on, such items can be dangerous.  Their manufacturer origin won't always be known and as such their safety can be unproven.  Further, whilst fire is perhaps a very low risk, smoke is not so that can cause issues both in terms of people's health and with respect to crowd control.

3.  If used in European matches, the club will be fined and that's not good news financially even if the costs involved are fairly low.

All things considered, I'd rather they weren't used but neither am I going to make a big issue of them on a personal basis.  As such I'll respectfully abstain from any vote... ;)

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I've been giving the "life ban" some thought. I can understand why MacK has suggested it, and it certainly should be a few years, but I'm not convinced that sine die is appropriate.

Life isn’t sine die though. There is a definite termination albeit the exact date of the termination is unknown.

I know a handful of people who have been banned from matches (not just Rangers fans) and the only one who didn't regularly attend matches during the ban had to sign in at a Police station when matches took place and that was because it was a violent crime he committed.

Bans are more tick box exercises than anything else.

5 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Most of Ibrox is filled with season ticket holders, so it's highly unlikely you'll see any pyrotechnics. The club has CCTV in place and would certainly ban anyone who is caught letting one off, which renders the above poll redundant. 

Away games are another matter, with groups of friend gathering together and people knowing they can get away with a bit more.  

We've always had an element of nutters and Ultra fan culture (where pyro is seen as a great thing) is becoming more prevalent in the UK.  Good luck stopping the odd flare at away matches because you've got next to no chance unless you want everyone strip searched.

Just the females. Would also increase gates:thup:?