Press Conference: Steven Gerrard & Filip Helander | 22 Nov 2019

2 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I read recently that Gerrard has moved his family to Scotland. A good sign that he's committed.

I'm not sure that is true tbh - can you remember where you saw it?

Gerrard has previously said that he sees his family more now than he did as a player though.

2 minutes ago, Waltersgotstyle said:

I'm not sure that is true tbh - can you remember where you saw it?

Gerrard has previously said that he sees his family more now than he did as a player though.

A couple of days or so ago on one of the countless links generated by generated by https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPFL/Rangers

It said that he had been living near Neil Lennon but had moved to a bigger house to accommodate his family.

53 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

A couple of days or so ago on one of the countless links generated by generated by https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/Football/SPFL/Rangers

It said that he had been living near Neil Lennon but had moved to a bigger house to accommodate his family.

That could just be to allow his family to visit and not that his family is relocating

Anybody beginning to suspect that Gerrard may actually be the real deal? A top class manager? I'm sure we all had our doubts when he was appointed but in his relatively short reign we have if anything over achieved on expectations and I don't think that's just down to his budget.

Wasn't Pedro given a similar amount of money to spend in his first season as Gerrard was? Yet Pedro got us nowhere while Gerrard took us on to another level pretty much inside a matter of weeks. Does this indicate he has a natural talent for building a squad? And perhaps then coaching that squad to get the best out of it and even improving those players?

Ryan Jack as an example is a massively improved player and it's not as if he was some raw boy when he came to Rangers. He was already 25 years old at which age you would generally expect a player to be pretty much all he is ever going to be yet Jack under Gerrard just like Rangers has moved on to another level.

Gerrard on a limited budget in comparison to those available in England has built and coached a side competing in the Europa league and while I don't think they will win the tournament it still wouldn't greatly surprise me if they did.

Or at least went much further than we would have dreamed of pre-season. And let's be honest, there was massive doubt among us regarding whether we could even qualify again far less compete so well once we did.

Man Utd and Arsenal are joint favourites to win it yet experienced heads are saying they think we are capable of taking both of them. Incidentally if we do qualify for the knockout stages and were to take a Man U level side I suspect/fear we may then see sustained attempts from England to steal Gerrard away from us in the Summer.

This video is primed to start at a point where Derek Ferguson is asked why he thinks Rangers are doing so well in Europe while both he and McAvennie go on to say they think Rangers could take Man Utd.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. If we qualify from the group stage, we can think of the bigger fish to fry.

What i'm impressed with the team under Gerrard is how players have improved. It did not happen immediately but this season has seen a step up in performance of Jack and Barisic in particular.  Now that Jack is allowed to play in a more expansive role than he was for Aberdeen, he is showing his true potential. Barisic is now playing with more confidence. 

As for Morelos, he is like a new player this year. Sometimes i wonder if we now have his even tempered, equally talented, twin brother.

Please someone shoot me if I ever take anything Derek Ferguson or Frank McAvennie say seriously.  

We need to start winning things before Gerrard is considered a success (same as any Rangers manager).  Some huge games coming up...