Anti social behaviour in football

Since I would deem the throwing of glass bottles and hot drinks more dangerous than chanting to the safety of players and fans perhaps the FIFA advice should be taken into account when Rangers play away

With the rise in racism and anti-social behaviour in football, the governing body is urging clubs and leagues around to the world to follow their proposed procedure to try and eradicate the issue.

In the event of serious discriminatory incidents, the first step is for the referee to stop the match with a stadium announcement to fans explaining the decision.

If the abuse continued, step two would be to suspend the match for an appropriate amount of time and request teams to go to the dressing rooms with another announcement to be made.

Step three would be to completely abandon the match.

FIFA release three-step edict to combat racism, bigotry and all forms of discrimination

2 hours ago, ranger_syntax said:

Who would want to see matches abandoned?

My understanding is that if the Rangers management were concerned about their players’ safety on Friday then they could have advised the referee & taken the players of the pitch. The match would either be replayed (presumably in an empty stadium) or Rangers get awarded the game 3-0.

Sure someone could advise if I‘m talking nonsense...

Edited by RANGERRAB