Morelos sectarian abuse

7 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

I'd be surprised because Sky has apologised to Rangers and Morelos for the translation.

I did notice that but wondered if they did it to keep in with Rangers, rather than saying that it wasn't their fault.

One possible scenario is that Celtic know that it was Traynor and that's why they're wanting more information from Sky and why they have banned them.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

I did notice that but wondered if they did it to keep in with Rangers, rather than saying that it wasn't their fault.

One possible scenario is that Celtic know that it was Traynor and that's why they're wanting more information from Sky and why they have banned them.

If Celtic has a grain of morality they would be condemning racial abuse at Parkhead as reported by one of their own fans, endorsed by police charges and heard in social media recordings. They are clearly trying to implicate Rangers in false racism accusations in order to then create a story to drown out the actual racism (and sectarian bigotry which everyone has forgotten about) that took place in their stadium by their fans on 29th. 

1 hour ago, Walterbear said:

If Celtic has a grain of morality they would be condemning racial abuse at Parkhead as reported by one of their own fans, endorsed by police charges and heard in social media recordings. They are clearly trying to implicate Rangers in false racism accusations in order to then create a story to drown out the actual racism (and sectarian bigotry which everyone has forgotten about) that took place in their stadium by their fans on 29th. 

They don't have any morality. When the issue of racism against Morelos was raised they reverted to type and attacked the victim of the racism, Morelos. "We are aware of the gestures made by the player towards Celtic supporters. We have received no reports of any racial abuse"

To be fair, if a news report falsely translated an interview stating rangers fans were racist we would all be livid.  I don't have a problem with what Celtic have done.  

If Traynor has done this then he should be out the door.

22 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

To be fair, if a news report falsely translated an interview stating rangers fans were racist we would all be livid.  I don't have a problem with what Celtic have done.  

If Traynor has done this then he should be out the door.

If Traynor did it then whoever approves his work should be out the door. Where does this idea come from that Traynor acts on his own authority. To the best of my knowledge no competent management would ever allow a PR employee or a contracted PR company to issue public statements without the prior and specific approval of the board or the CEO.

9 hours ago, PoohBear said:

If the roles were reversed, the press would have been in uproar about us complaining about it when our fans actually did do it.

Celtic are continuing to deny and deflect the racism in their support.