2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

The whole team had a terrible game today.  Let's not pick out one player after that.  But in answer to your question, yes I think he's delivering and he will only get better.  Thankfully the manager agrees.

I agree but I also see where Bearger is coming from. I suppose much of the scrutiny of this one player is probably derived from our financial situation over the last 7/8 years

I think Kent is perhaps the least of our problems....

I’d suggest it’s whoever plays wide on the other side is where one of our problems lies. 

It’s mostly been shared between Aribo and Ojo neither of whom has fully made the position his own. Jones has been injured & perhaps Greg Stewart might have been given a run but is now injured. 

Ironically I think Candeais was better than all of them...

Edited by RANGERRAB

5 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Would have given us better options but unlike Tav/Goldson had no guarantees of starting.

Candaeis wasn’t the greatest but never hid & worked hard in games like today.

Not sure I could say the same about Aribo & Ojo

2 hours ago, BEARGER said:

Aye let’s stop anyone with a different opinion from posting, is this what Gersnet is becoming? 

Anyone can post their opinion, and  are those who disagree with your opinion  not allowed to disagree with you?.

So you think Kent is a waste of money, based  on today's match? a lot disagree with you about that including the manager, forgive me for siding with the manager as opposed to you 

Edited by ian1964

28 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Anyone can post their opinion, and  are those who disagree with your opinion  not allowed to disagree with you?.

So you think Kent is a waste of money, based  on today's match? a lot disagree with you about that including the manager, forgive me for siding with the manager as opposed to you 

I'm not quite sure Bearger was openly stating he was a waste of money? Was he not just asking if we think he has delivered (based on the price tag and what we've seen so far). I think he was also implying that he would like to see more from him. I don't think he would be alone in that thinking tbh 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

Just now, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm not quite sure Bearger was openly stating he was a waste of money? Was he not just asking if we think he has delivered (based on the price tag and what we've seen so far). I think he was always implying that they would like to see more from him. I don't think he would alone in that thinking tbh 

I don't recall a thread on questioning Kent before today's defeat, which is why I think it's pathetic, considering how poor the whole team was? anyway I will vacate this thread as I believe it is pathetic. 

14 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Not quite the story. It was said that the topic should be stopped right there, (post No.2)  you agreed saying it was a pathetic post. That to me looks like censorship, you offered no comment on what I said just agreed that thread should be stopped.

I don’t think Kent is a waste of money based on today’s match because I don’t know what we paid for him. If and it’s a big if we paid £5-£7M then I don’t think he looks like that value, but as has been said he’s young and can improve.