[FT] 1 - 4 Rangers (Arfield 25, 90+2; Aribo 68; Morelos 85)

• Frankie changed the title to Hamilton 1 - 2 Rangers (Arfield 25; Aribo 68)
11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

They look like they've never played together before. 

Our midfield is so important to the way we play.  Kamara and Arfield are not a good partnership and I feel it's affecting the whole balance here.  Aribo needs to know when to come back to build up play and he's not at all.  Hagi and Kent are not in this because Aribo doesn't have enough lateral movement to make the space for them.  Aribo is making good forward runs though but he needs an earlier cross to him.  The team just looks so static.  Look at the gap between Arfield and Kamara, or between them and Aribo.  That's not how to play this setup.

Edit:  I just posted this and a minute later an early cross to Aribo gets the goal.  ??. Thankfully Gerrard has put Davis on because it's clear that the midfield is broken here.

Edited by Gaffer

• Rousseau changed the title to Hamilton 1 - 3 Rangers (Arfield 25; Aribo 68; Morelos 85)
16 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

Our midfield is so important to the way we play.  Kamara and Arfield are not a good partnership and I feel it's affecting the whole balance here.  Aribo needs to know when to come back to build up play and he's not at all.  Hagi and Kent are not in this because Aribo doesn't have enough lateral movement to make the space for them.  Aribo is making good forward runs though but he needs an earlier cross to him.  The team just looks so static.  Look at the gap between Arfield and Kamara, or between them and Aribo.  That's not how to play this setup.

Edit:  I just posted this and a minute later an early cross to Aribo gets the goal.  ??. Thankfully Gerrard has put Davis on because it's clear that the midfield is broken here.

You can see the control we have now with Davis coming on to make a three-man midfield.