[FT] Braga 0 - 1 Rangers (Kent 61)

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Our game management was spot on tonight!. Can we not just play in Europe every week?

That’s the issue.... European teams try to attack us.... more open... we will crucify that most times.... SPFL... 10 behind the ball... you know the rest ?

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Not just the Irish part, the sheep part too. "Braga are pish" and to explain why they're recently beating Porto and Benfica here is the sheep explanation.

Sheep would obviously romp that league. Right? ?

Aberdeen injected into this thread.... really ? ??

1 hour ago, CammyF said:

To put this result and achievement into perspective, 7 years ago tonight I witnessed Rangers being held 1-1 away to Stirling Albion....

1st team to get to the last 16 of Europa League after coming through the qualifying rounds.... 

first team to win 10 games in a Europa League season too. ??

54 minutes ago, craig said:

Aberdeen injected into this thread.... really ? ??

This thread too? You think I make reference to the sheep in every thread? Are no sheep references allowed when referencing the rest of Scottish football?

28 minutes ago, craig said:

“Fans were also fantastic...”

I have to question that Frankie, sorry.

on the whole maybe, and fine voice absolutely.  But burying the vocal and whole-hearted support behind the whole shouldn’t excuse the “minority” from their actions tonight.

we will be incredibly lucky if we don’t see, at the very least, a partial stadium closure, and by that I mean one whole stand, for the next game.

so that “fantastic support” might have caused us to lose £35x10,0000 (or fairly close) - so £350,000 in ticket revenue (assuming nothing a full stadium closure).

its fucking ridiculous when they all know that everyone has eyes on us.

dislike it or not, think it’s unfair or not, but how many times do we need to shoot ourselves in the foot ??

and to say “the fans were fantastic” without the caveat disappoints me as a Gersnet member.  We should be better, we should be leading from the front.

Delighted as I am tonight, I fear we’re going to get pummelled for the useless add-one.

That support could have provided the same level of support tonight without the ads-one.

The defiance is costing the club.  And that, to me, calls into question what is more important to these folks.

We could be talking over a million if this were to result in a full stadium closure and i'm sick of it. And sick of those who would defend these clowns. 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

This thread too? You think I make reference to the sheep in every thread? Are no sheep references allowed when referencing the rest of Scottish football?

Nah, just seems like it.

This is a Braga v Rangers thread

Europa League

Not Scottish Football

Aberdeen aren't in Europe

Rangers are

Rangers beat solid European opposition

This is "Rangers Chat" thread

Aberdeen didn't play tonight

Aberdeen didn't play in Europe tonight

Aberdeen haven't played in Europeall season (I am sure you will correct me, which is fine because I couldn't tell you who they last played in Europe or when) 

You reference Aberdeen in numerous threads where they aren't worth mentioning - this being, quite possibly, the most pertinent given we have just beaten a solid Portuguese team (Aberdeen aren't Portuguese) in the Europa League (Aberdeen aren't in the Europa League) to qualify for the last 16 of said competition (Aberdeen STILL aren't in said competition)… 

If it weren't for the above I would be suspecting you have an unhealthy obsession with Aberdeen - though I have no doubts over your Rangers supporting credentials :thup: