Trust Delegation Meets with Sir David Murray

Why Do The Trust take this mans bullshit?

Del.

Another Pissed Off Bear!!!

del:

1. We're not taking any bullsh!t. You know me personally - would I? We're meeting with him to try and fix the problems we all see with the club. Yes, a few fans are concerned and interested in exactly what this all means but generally the feeling I get is pretty positive.

2. As for organising the support, this is exactly what the RST are trying to do. Some supporters have complained that JT and JM have made mistakes in the past and don't want them speaking on their behalf. That's why we've been working with them a lot recently to get them on board, agree to Trust policy and work together as a united front.

3. By doing this, then we can put a greater pressure on the administration because we're all pulling in one direction (under Trust ideology) instead of 3 and have at least one supporter on the board able to raise motions and affect genuine change.

I appreciate that may not directly challenge the current issues of recent transfer woes but in the medium-long term, by doing the above we will be able to affect the changes we need to see more effectively.

I also appreciate that for some that progress may be too slow and too frustrating for them. As such, if they want to pursue a different strategy either through the Trust or by a different vehicle, then the process is there for them to do so.

The next 2 months are going to be vital for all of us. The best way to face that challenge is by working together as much as possible.

think as you have said Frankie he has to come up with the goods in the next few months or he will be in for a very tough ride, unless he hides away in his vineyards!!

I think now the majority of Gers fans and ones who have stood by him this long are now seeing SDM holding this club back and not looking in the least bit interested in investing much money to get us back on top in Scotland.

I for one don't see it happening but will eat my words if it does.

• 2 weeks later...
so, if things stay as they stand, will the trust think he's put enough in?

I wouldn't have thought so....

I still expect Naismith and at least one more - probably Whittaker.

I wouldn't have thought so....

I still expect Naismith and at least one more - probably Whittaker.

even with these two players, once you factor in the players going out, he'll still have spent nowhere near the reported 10 million.

do you reckon the trust would be happy with these two players and no-one else?

i'm not convinced we've purchased, or are going to purchase, more than 2-3 first team players.

If we sign Naismith/Whittaker we'll have paid money for the following players:

Cuellar - £2.6million

McCulloch - £2.2million

Naismith - £1.8million

Whittaker - £1.5million (possibly more)

Beasley - £700K

Webster - maybe another £500K in January (it's only a loan because of the FIFA thing)

Add them together, along with the signing on fees of the Bosmans, we'll not be too far away from £10million.

Personally, if we sign those players I'll be reasonably happy. We missed out on Brown and Faubert which was disappointing as they are real quality players IMO. We need to ensure we get someone of that ilk as the right side of midfield is still a problem. Whittaker may fit the bill but he's certainly not as exciting or as expensive as the afore-mentioned guys.

Both are rumoured to be signing asap. I'd like to think one more will follow after that and then we can make a better judgement whether or not the money spent has been enough.

:)