Trust Delegation Meets with Sir David Murray

A Trust delegation met with Chairman Sir David Murray and Martin Bain on Monday at Charlotte Square, Edinburgh. The Trust challenged the chairman on many issues and members can download the full minutes of the meeting via the following link.

RFC Meeting Minutes - Monday 02 July, 2007 (PDF File - 80k)

http://www.rangerssupporterstrust.co.uk/rstsite/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=1

Just to say I'll be offline for the next few hours. I'll try and get back on this evening to answer any other questions.

However, the best things to take from the meeting are as such:

1. Genuine supporters representation at last.

2. A lowering of the GerSave price.

3. A commitment from the chairman (ie finance and leadership).

4. A commitment to better PR and media interaction.

5. Debate about developing the stadium and club.

6. Further Improvements at Youth level.

7. The Trust to meet with Head of Security to debate policing and match-day experience.

8. Club to put pressure on JJB to improve their service.

Not bad going from one meeting. And we'll continue to offer more over the coming weeks.

Let's be positive!

They are all good things to have Frankie.

However, I have trouble believing point #3 - "A commitment from the chairman (ie finance and leadership)."

We have been told this before and have not really seen it put into motion. The old adage "actions speak louder than words" most definitely applies to that particular statement from SDM.

#3 - "A commitment from the chairman (ie finance and leadership)."

heard it all before im afraid. this is the guy who is trying to but naismith in 50p installments! feel free to pull my other leg at your lesiure!

I agree with you guys.

The proof will be in the pudding. Murray has 2 months to deliver the investment we all want to see. If he doesn't, well....

Well.... we will continue to parade the no cost players while Mr Murray enjoys his Ch�¢teau Margaux while thinking up the bullshit for January.

Why Do The Trust take this mans bullshit?

Has much he has said came true yet?

extra funding!...... our net spend still zilch!!!

A joke of a ceo in bain......just see naysmith saga and that spanish dude (cani mind his name)

IMO why stand and accept his pish.... stand up and tell sir (yuck!) murray. i know the trust cant just stand up and demand stuff

But i'd rather the trust never spoke to him the hear "i will invest" #things will improve"

"we will improve pr" NOT FUCKING HARD we dont have any!!!

i wish i'd not renewed my ST - and that is honest!!!

Del.

Another Pissed Off Bear!!!

Like you say Frankie, its a big few months for DM as he has to deliver on some of these statements. I might be getting way ahead of myself, but have the Trust discussed what stance they're going to take if things don't improve this season, be it on or off the pitch?

The only other thing I'd say from the minutes is that DM believes Mediahouse and staff have done a good job "firefighting" media stories about our club and fans. I'd say they've done a pretty poor job again and would have to questions why they're still being employed by the club.

ascender:

Yes, alternative strategies have been discussed. However, I maintain the best way for us to affect change is to get at least one fans rep on the executive board. That will happen soonest.

I personally feel the media issue hasn't been as bad as say 18months - 2 years ago. However, we'll continue to ensure work is done for further improvement.