Trust Delegation Meets with Sir David Murray

yeah. we'll have to wait and see.

though i have to say 1.5 million for whittaker is beyond a joke.

Agree we have to wait and hope Smith can gel a winning team. But Im not over confident or happy with spending 3.3 million on Naismith and Whittaker. We could / should surely have gotten better with that amount of money.

3 m on two of scotlands future internationals is good business imo - id rather we spent that on them than a 2nd rate foreigner who has no passion for the club. we've been down that road before

Agree we have to wait and hope Smith can gel a winning team. But Im not over confident or happy with spending 3.3 million on Naismith and Whittaker. We could / should surely have gotten better with that amount of money.

We've kind of made our bed now ever since spending 2M on Thomson and recent other Scottish fees kind of reflect that too. I think that given how much we've wasted on poor signings over the last however many years, that 3.3M on two young Scottish lads with proven SPL experience isn't bad business.

We've kind of made our bed now ever since spending 2M on Thomson and recent other Scottish fees kind of reflect that too. I think that given how much we've wasted on poor signings over the last however many years, that 3.3M on two young Scottish lads with proven SPL experience isn't bad business.

Yeah and buying SPL players has been our downfall to becoming average IMO. The Scottish game has went so far backwards in the last 10 years. The other SPL clubs cant ever compete in europe (we've seen that) yet we are buying there players. Just coz they do well in SPL matches against each other doesnt mean they can step up to the next level and put Rangers where we should be.

Ive said it repeatedly - having 1 or 2 of the better SPL players is fine but having a team full means I expect the continued rank football we have seen over the last 2 years.

Yeah and buying SPL players has been our downfall to becoming average IMO. The Scottish game has went so far backwards in the last 10 years. The other SPL clubs cant ever compete in europe (we've seen that) yet we are buying there players. Just coz they do well in SPL matches against each other doesnt mean they can step up to the next level and put Rangers where we should be.

Ive said it repeatedly - having 1 or 2 of the better SPL players is fine but having a team full means I expect the continued rank football we have seen over the last 2 years.

Disagree. The downfall started with wasting money on crap foreigners. Now we're having to try and rectify that by buying young scottish talent.

Disagree. The downfall started with wasting money on crap foreigners. Now we're having to try and rectify that by buying young scottish talent.

i agree with this. my only reservation was specifically about whittaker - everytime i've seen him he gets caught vastly out of position ala ricksen. dont think he's worth that money.

naismith's worth every penny though.

i agree with this. my only reservation was specifically about whittaker - everytime i've seen him he gets caught vastly out of position ala ricksen. dont think he's worth that money.

naismith's worth every penny though.

I agree Re Whittaker. Saw him last season against the Sheep (admittedly opening day of the season) and if you think Hutton can get caught out of position wait till you see Whittaker - the number of times he gets caught is criminal. My caveat is that I only saw him in that one game but if it was indicative of his season (which it seems that game WASN'T indicative) then he is only an average player.

I agree Re the Scottish vs foreign players too. I know what you are saying Gribz but our recent downfall has been spending too much on johnny foreigner who doesn't give a shit. Mladenovic, Capucho, Ostenstad - you would prefer to have them back as opposed to proven SPL players ? Don't forget those foreigners also needed paying off which impacts on cash available for spending on transfer fees.

Foreigners, not Scots, has put us where we are. Will the Scots get us competitive in Scotland again ? I think they will. Will they get us competitive in Europe ? Maybe, maybe not - but some of the signings will be squad fillers (Broadfoot for example is a squad filler at least for the time being). Given our threadbare squad and lack of funds I think WS has made some astute acquisitions to beef out his squad.

I would think that IF we qualify for the CL group stages that there will still be another purchase on top of Naismith and Whittaker.

Totally agree about Whitaker Craig and Barry. Poor man's Hutton. His ability going forward masks his lack of densive abilities.

He is more comfortable as a midfield player rather than right back - Hibs use him as a right back, but played right midfield thro the ranks at Easter Road.

Cammy F