Rangers B v Dundee Utd A

Well, a few of the "B-side" were also to be used as subs in the afternoon-come-evening game ... and then there is the Coventry game on Saturday too. I would hazard a guess that SG wanted to get all these players some game time ... and wouldn't read too much into Jones and Stewart being send to the youngsters. WOuldn't be surprised if both are on the bench at Ibrox at the weekend.

It is obviously bad to have quite a few attacking chaps fit and ready to go at the same time. Not least when their slots are filled up with players galore, e.g. "left-wing" ...

• Frankie changed the title to Rangers B v Dundee Utd A
5 hours ago, CammyF said:

As well as the choice of opposition, the timing of this bounce game is questionable as we were short of numbers for the Motherwell game. Just an thought given the above, maybe our recruitment team wanted a close-up view of one (or more) of the DUFC players prior to a bid? Otherwise, time and opposition very questionable. 

As for Motherwell as opposition, I think we are playing them again next week in a bounce game at Training Centre. May be down to them being "local" so the logistics are easy? 

If we are to refuse friendlies with clubs that we have a grievance against, or they have hostility against us, it'll be "Blues v Whites" for the foreseeable future ?

That makes more sense than anything else I can think of so perhaps you’re right on that one.

3 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

That makes more sense than anything else I can think of so perhaps you’re right on that one.

We can't rule it out, although I reckon it may be the other way round, and DUFC taking a closer look at one or two of our youngsters ahead of potential loan moves.

Although we can probably rule out young McPake from that given his loan last year.

12 minutes ago, stewarty said:

We can't rule it out, although I reckon it may be the other way round, and DUFC taking a closer look at one or two of our youngsters ahead of potential loan moves.

Although we can probably rule out young McPake from that given his loan last year.

Another possibility but I would absolutely hate for us to be loaning our players to that rancid club.