Rangers B v Dundee Utd A

A Rangers team that probably has not played together before, bar Mayo and Paterson and Kennedy and McPake. Against a maybe maybe-not promoted Championship side seemingly on full strengths and one of the hottest strikers in Scotland ... with a scoreline that did not reflect the play as such, if you believe the report. A good experience for the youngsters ... and one has to hear from people actually at the match about the first teamers thrown in there to get some experience.

An absolutely dreadful result. Too much money being spent on a youth academy which produces next to no one for the first team. I’ve always thought  Gerrard had reservations about the young players at Rangers. Not difficult to see why  

1 hour ago, craig said:

lol.  ill get the scoop later on how it went....

Game of two halves apparently.  Said they played well first half but we’re poor second half.

A couple of players did themself no harm apparently......

24 minutes ago, craig said:

Game of two halves apparently.  Said they played well first half but we’re poor second half.

A couple of players did themself no harm apparently......

Don’t you think that was an absolutely appalling result? What does it say about the youth academy?

28 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Don’t you think that was an absolutely appalling result? What does it say about the youth academy?

A youth team against Dundee Utd's first team ?  No, I don't think it is an appalling result.  It was 1-1 at half time which isnt bad at all for youths against a team that just won the Championship.

Some fans need to temper expectations from what is essentially a youth team.

21 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

I dont really care about the score at this stage, as it is all about getting gametime into the legs and improving on match sharpness. I care even less as it was a B team as any players worthy of consideration fora  first team slot will surely be in the squad for tonights Motherwell match.

What I am really annoyed about is that we have arranged a bounce game with a club that despises our very existence, that shat on our fans and then lied (ok, I will say allegedly purely for legal purposes) in court about it, and were one of those shouting loudest to get us kicked out in 2012.

We should never forgive and never forget clubs like this. Would we play a friendly against the sheep, or the bheasts? No, and this utter scum of a club are in the same category, and should be avoided at all costs. Whoever is responsible for arranging bounce games should either be taught more about our history or be more mindful of the concerns/interests of the support.

As well as the choice of opposition, the timing of this bounce game is questionable as we were short of numbers for the Motherwell game. Just an thought given the above, maybe our recruitment team wanted a close-up view of one (or more) of the DUFC players prior to a bid? Otherwise, time and opposition very questionable. 

As for Motherwell as opposition, I think we are playing them again next week in a bounce game at Training Centre. May be down to them being "local" so the logistics are easy? 

If we are to refuse friendlies with clubs that we have a grievance against, or they have hostility against us, it'll be "Blues v Whites" for the foreseeable future ?