[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Coventry (Aribo, Goldson)

Missed the game as I fell asleep (was on at 2.15am here). Heard 1st half was flat but better in the 2nd.

Aribo is different gravy, seems to be really coming into a game. 

We created good chances and it could've been more. 

All in all, good pre season and I think we're ready. Let's go! 

14 hours ago, CammyF said:

Another decent work out and overall, a decent pre-season against varied opposition. 

Scored 10 (Alfie hasn't scored any, but his link up play was good today), conceded 0. More positives than negatives. 

Aftet a bounce game on Wednesday, its onto the serious business.

Strange though it sounds, Morelos’ barren stint in front of goal is actually a good thing IMO.  Having scored 10 and none of them coming from Morelos it suggests that the other players are ready to contribute goals this season.

if that happens and Morelos then hits a bit of form again we could be lethal.

Optimistic Loyal

14 hours ago, DMAA said:

Agree with all of that. I genuinely think Edmundson could be our best defender soon. I know he hasn’t been tested massively defensively but he is brilliant on the ball, strong as an ox and faster than any centre back I remember us having. 

His strength was always noticeable but yesterday it was his pace that stunned me.  For such a hulk of a guy he can move.  The boy is FAST.

Completely agree.... could easily be our best defender by a country mile - a wee bit better decision making and clean up on the little mistakes and we’ve won a watch with this boy !

5 minutes ago, craig said:

Strange though it sounds, Morelos’ barren stint in front of goal is actually a good thing IMO.  Having scored 10 and none of them coming from Morelos it suggests that the other players are ready to contribute goals this season.

Optimistic Loyal

Know what you mean - we were crying out for goals after the winter break and if Alfie didn't play well / score we usually lost points.

Alfie link up play has been fine in pre-season and it has opened up chances for other players.

Let's hope he finds his shooting boots this week tho ?

11 hours ago, DMAA said:

Aribo has end product. He is a quality player, I’ve got no concerns about him at all. 

I’ve said the same ever since I saw him for the first time before we were even linked.

Saw him playing for Charlton in the play off final and he was head and shoulders above everyone else.

Now in his second season for us, and remembering he’s still a young guy, he could be our most influential player this season

1 minute ago, CammyF said:

Know what you mean - we were crying out for goals after the winter break and if Alfie didn't play well / score we usually lost points.

Alfie link up play has been fine in pre-season and it has opened up chances for other players.

Let's hope he finds his shooting boots this week tho ?

Yep, and another way to look at it is Alfie always seems to hit a barren spell during a season.... hopefully this is his barren spell for this season and he goes between now and May in a very rich vein of form.

38 minutes ago, craig said:

Optimistic Loyal

Hagi will score lots of goals this season, he just loves to shoot/score

14 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

At the time I didn't notice quite how well executed that back heel flick from Hagi was. I did notice at the time that Alfie should have put that away.

Was that the one that got deflected for a corner if so can't be deemed a miss.