[FT] Rangers 2 - 0 Coventry (Aribo, Goldson)

Naughty me, but Tavernier's cross from the free kick will give him more credit than his over-all performance deserved. Not least compared to Barasic. Of course, when Patterson came on, CC were toiling a little, but his enthusiasm and willingness  were a joy to behold. Likewise, Barker and Stewart brought on some energy and inventivness that was missing, would like to see them and Murphy involved with the better players every now and then, exactly in games like these.

On another day, Morelos could have had a hat-trick, Hagi a couple and Stewart one too.

Edited by der Berliner

Good work out I suppose. 

I would really like to add another attacking midfielder though. We can’t rely on the same guys who ultimately fell short last season. I still believe Stewart should play a greater role though and I would love to see Murphy break through but I can only assume Gerrard isn’t going to give him the chance. 

Just now, JFK-1 said:

I expect the sheep despite being at home to set up as defensively as Coventry did.

Oh you know it brother! The REAL fun begins next week. Hopefully it all end with 55! No...it will!

Let's go!

I thought it was a good work out for us, Coventry played like most teams will when they come to Ibrox, sit & defend stubbornly.

Aribo was class again and scored another great goal, Hagi was class as well and has a tremendous work ethic, Edmundson had another good game.

Morelos played well I thought but failed to score again, young Paterson is looking better every time I see him and defo has a good future ahead of him, and us.

Another decent work out and overall, a decent pre-season against varied opposition. 

Scored 10 (Alfie hasn't scored any, but his link up play was good today), conceded 0. More positives than negatives. 

Aftet a bounce game on Wednesday, its onto the serious business.

Edited by CammyF