Yahoo Cultural Appropriation?

2 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is that a real person?

I'm disappointed to see Paul Kossoff mentioned on a post about Nonce FC.  He doesn't deserve that.  

Doctor Kivlichan played for Rangers, transferred to ra Sellik, then returned to Rangers.

On his return to the Light Blues, he was quoted as saying, "it was good to be home".

As for Kos, he possessed the best tone, and our separated brethren are notoriously tone deaf. 

1 hour ago, 26th of foot said:

Since 1888, it's been an insatiable consummation. Six Irish immigrant families, mostly Publicans decide to form a football club, inspired by Edinburgh based Irish immigrants that had formed Hibernian. They found land, rented it for a few months, and filled in the quarry with over 200, 000 voluntary carts of soil/aggregate. a Football field was created, two Grandstands built(one privately owned by the Glass family), and a velodrome installed. Two successful football clubs were invited to play an exhibition match, Renton and Hibs provided the entree, subsequently divided into better halves, they became ra Sellik. The original Hibs were dissolved and Renton succumbed to Junior football. It's how it began.

A club that these days claims it was open to all at it's founding, set out in the late 1880s/early 1890s to morally compromise rc players to play for the rc club. This included players originally at Rangers such as Neil McCallum and Doc Kivlichan. The opprobrium faced by the early Sellik was a result of continuous stealing of other clubs' players. Such arrogance so casually displayed was an anathema. The epitome was a priest in Falkirk smuggling a Falkirk FC player(who was rc) out of the town in a hand cart, during silent hours to meet Sellik officials in the morning. Appropriation was in with the building blocks.

In my lifetime, ra Sellik have stolen Liverpool's 'You'll never walk alone' and claimed it as their own. Producers at BBC Scotland made the documentary, not telling the listenership they were BBC Producers. They told of the emotion singing the song, visualising their deceased mothers whilst belting out lyrics about suicide. Barcelona FC were next, they were more than a club. However, ra Sellik's sense of vicTIMhood was such, they were more worthy of the statement ie ra Sellik had suffered 40 years of subjugation by Franco. The support wanted to believe it, it became so, as it had for almost 100 years before. Cultural appropriation is their rite of passage.

The latest sack of pysh is His Bobness of Marley was a mad, mental Sellik supporter. Yep, a born'n'bred Jamaican from the blue mountains, became hooked on ra green;n;grey hooped horrors in the early/mid sixties by tuning into the BBC World Service. Lying in his cot, he had foresaken rock steady and ska blasted by Prince Buster's sound system, to hear tales of Seezur and Jinky. They crave it, it, it's what they want, it's how it should be. Why? 

This well trod path of least resistance does not belong to Yahoos in exclusivity. My introduction to Bob was in 1973, he appeared with the Wailers on the Old Grey Whistle Test. I bought 'Catch a Fire' the following weekend. I was in a world of Bob, Bunny, Peter Tosh, Family Man, .....etc. It confirmed my preferred prejudice, Island Records also had Free on the label, and who amplified better tone than Paul Kossoff? My first year at Uni' in 1974 began most days in a flat in Great George Street with 'Stir it Up', first track, second side of the Wailers first Island album. In June'76, we took the Union mini-bus to Bellevue, Manchester to see, more appropriately worship at the altar of Bob. A haze of ganja enveloped the auditorium, but no mention of ra Sellik.

Bob's wikipedia tells of a life long support for Santos, he loved Pele. Bob was raised catholic but converted to Rastafarianism. He played football constantly whilst in London but never journeyed 400 miles to watch ra Sellik. He passed 40 years past without mentioning the bad word. What encourages the Yahoos conviction, other than desire? I would encourage the separated entity to continue their next cultural appropriation by focusing their attention upon the Bob tribute act, 'Big Jah Knew and the Wail, Wailers'. Their A cappella rendition of Three little boys by my doorstep, singing sweet songs .... will blow your cheese. 

Martin Luther King Junior did lots of good things, why don't ra Sellik appropriate him? 

This is all the fault of a very very good friend of mine who wrote Dixie Deans book , let’s just say Dixie didn’t have the best memory and my mate was really struggling to get this book written, there are quite a few other tales in the book that simply didn’t happen .

And that is the truth , the whole truth and nothing but the truth , so help me god .

9 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

Is that a real person?

I'm disappointed to see Paul Kossoff mentioned on a post about Nonce FC.  He doesn't deserve that.  

Indeed he was. His daughter, also a doctor, stayed across the road from my parents for a number of years.

Doc Kivlichan's name was William, known as Willie. 

Jamaica, eh?

The greatest fans in the entire, total, whole, complete, utter, world might just be treading on the toes of the Hertz, the Gorgieites, surely, having some affinity with the Maroons of Cockpit Country (and, indeed, elsewhere). Of course the Maroon communities date back several hundred years, thus pre-dating Heart of Midlothian, the novel, never mind the dance hall, and the football club. But what do facts matter in a debate with serial liars and fantasists? 

Bob Marley, eh?

With that prescience granted by copious ingestion of Herb, Marley was able to compose a song referencing a future Rangers' player. I refer, of course, to Alfredo Morelos, the Buffalo Soldier. 

This fact will, itself, prevent the world having to change the spelling from ganja to ghanja.

Surely?

Pre Columbian Americans, eh?

Specifically, the Apache. 

Maybe have to give them this one. 

In the early 1970s, an American country singer wrote and recorded a song called "Geronimo's Sellik Tap". His name -I kid you not- was Michael Martin Murphey, known as Michael Murphey. The song was covered by various artists, in the UK by Claire Hamill, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, and Dick Gaughan.

The lyric, as far as I recall goes something like this:

Chorus:

Whoa boys, take me back

I wanna see Geronimo's sellik tap

Whoa boys, take me back

i wanna touch Geronimo's sellik tap.

Warden, Warden, don't you know
That prisoners have no place to go?
Took Old Geronimo by storm
Ripped off the feathers from his uniform
Jesus tells me, I believe it's true
The red man is in the sunset too
Took all their land and they wont give it back 

BecauseGeronimo wore a sellik tap.

I don't know if this is sung down Piggery Place.

I hope that I haven't started something.