Optimistic Or Pessimistic?

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

If we get close, the refs will kick into action.

Clancy's interview, where he stated refs will be scritinised more than ever because of the possible scum10IAR, was quite (unintentionally) astonishing.  

On my originial point, even under Pedro, we didn't really know what was going to transpire - it all felt very unpredictable.  I feel like I can almost predict what's going to happen this season (it'll be very similar to the previous two).

30 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Davis is finished, IMO. It's a shame because he has been a great servant and a wonderful player. 

His body can't do what his brain wants. You can see him attempt the same things that he did so well at the start of last season and prior, but he's sluggish in his execution. 

He'll only be a bit-part player this season. 

Hence the pursuit of Zungu ?

1 minute ago, RANGERRAB said:

Hence the pursuit of Zungu ?

No - I don't see Zungu as a central DM; I see him as occupying one of the wider positions. Jack and Kamara are preferred for the DM slot taken by Davis in recent years. 

Feel quite optimistic about our first XI keeping the pace. Less optimistic about strength in depth but key players (Aribo, Kent, Barasic) have a another year under their belt so hopefully that will work to our advantage.  The striker issue is a worry but hopefully there is still time to bring someone in? 

I feel our season relies on what season Celtic have to be honest. If they get into a winning streak it will be hard. Hopefully the lack of crowds early doors might be some sort of leveller, so who knows?

As long as we are in touching distance going to OF games. We know we have the better of them in one off games

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 minute ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Feel quite optimistic about our first XI keeping the pace. Less optimistic about strength in depth but key players (Aribo, Kent, Barasic) have a another year under their belt so hopefully that will work to our advantage.  The striker issue is a worry but hopefully there is still time to bring someone in? 

I feel our season relies on what season Celtic have to be honest. If they get into a winning streak it will be hard. Hopefully the lack of crowds early doors might be some sort of leveller, so who knows?

The transfer Window is open until 5 October. 

Pessimist. But I’ve been this way at the start of every season since Geordie Young hung up his boots. 

The team needs a John Brown, an Ian Ferguson and a Jimmy Miller. I would have said a defence unlocker as well but there is evidence that Hagi and the hew improved Aribo can do that.

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Jack and Kamara are preferred for the DM slot

I think that's a big part of our problem.  Playing two DMs at home against diddies and also Jack and Kamara are inconsistent and average, at best.

4 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

The transfer Window is open until 5 October. 

Cool. Was thinking more about having enough to bring the right guy in as opposed to last ditch stop gap or loan.

Is October 5th Europe wide?

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

3 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I think that's a big part of our problem.  Playing two DMs at home against diddies and also Jack and Kamara are inconsistent and average, at best.

We only play one DM. 

I disagree with your second point too.