[FT] Rangers 3 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2; Aribo 49) - 0 St Johnstone

2 minutes ago, craig said:

The problem, and it’s a good one to have, is that Aribo also seems to be better suited in the “10”.  Aribo has started the season better and deserves a run there.

Fair play...very true. I think it is gonna come down to 'get it where you fit in' with Mr Hagi. Unless his game picks up he may begin to see some bench time anyway. He might make the team more money that way. Meh.

7 minutes ago, craig said:

We actually play another two games before they play.  We are also at home to Killie the following week whilst Celtic have the later game that day.  So everything going well we should be 11 clear by the time they next kick a competitive ball domestically

Ok i'm going to indulge myself here and presume that they lose that game to Dundee Utd, then the following Sat we could be 14pts clear, what with them not playing till Sunday.

If we can get 11 points in front , the pressure on them to not slip up at all will be incredible , given the pressure they are already under to even get into the C/L , we need to press this home , next 2 games are massive , the fact that there are no fans will imho help us .

6 minutes ago, craig said:

We actually play another two games before they play.  We are also at home to Killie the following week whilst Celtic have the later game that day.  So everything going well we should be 11 clear by the time they next kick a competitive ball domestically

Even better. If we just keep winning even if they win that game following ours with Killie then they're still under the pressure of being 8 behind a team coasting and maybe even still not conceding. They have never been under such pressure.

They will be away to Dundee United following our game at home to Killie. DU are a side looking to make a statement of we're back and taking something from them would be such a statement. They're certainly currently under more pressure than we are.

And that's an unexpected turn of events. All the talk pre season was around the massive pressure Rangers would be under.

One more thought on it. Steven Gerrard has obviously forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. With that in mind I find this interesting.

RANGERS BOSS Steven Gerrard is concerned that football will be suspended if coronavirus protocols continue to be breached.

The Scottish government warned it could call a halt to the game in Scotland after Boli Bolingoli’s “error of judgement”, the Celtic defender having failed to quarantine following a secret trip to Spain and then playing in Sunday’s 1-1 draw against Kilmarnock.

https://www.the42.ie/steven-gerrard-fears-football-season-will-be-cancelled-if-mistakes-continue-5173292-Aug2020/

I'm thinking why is he so concerned? Does he think his time has come? That he's fashioned a side who can take this league? Which would be a striking achievement keeping in mind the shambles he inherited and the financial disadvantages he has been facing.

If the season were cancelled could that in his mind be stealing the glory he thinks is there for the taking this season? A potentially gold star page in his record book regarding his dreams of credentials to be a future manager of Liverpool.

He took over a club in shambles, Led them to impressive Euro runs against opposition who also had financial advantages. And took a title all the nay sayers have been saying was impossible for him to take.

Just a speculation on what may be the thoughts of Gerrard.

46 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

One more thought on it. Steven Gerrard has obviously forgotten more about football than any of us will ever know. With that in mind I find this interesting.

I'm thinking why is he so concerned? Does he think his time has come? That he's fashioned a side who can take this league? Which would be a striking achievement keeping in mind the shambles he inherited and the financial disadvantages he has been facing.

If the season were cancelled could that in his mind be stealing the glory he thinks is there for the taking this season? A potentially gold star page in his record book regarding his dreams of credentials to be a future manager of Liverpool.

He took over a club in shambles, Led them to impressive Euro runs against opposition who also had financial advantages. And took a title all the nay sayers have been saying was impossible for him to take.

Just a speculation on what may be the thoughts of Gerrard.

I don’t think he’s saying it because he thinks “his time has come”.  I think he’s saying it because a second shutdown of Scottish football would be absolutely catastrophic, for Rangers as well as Scottish football.

Hes also probably saying it simply because he’s a football man who loves the game and the challenge, who wants to manage and try to do what weve waited a decade for.

Does he think his time has come ?  I’m sure he felt that way last season too - he’s a winner, and when you have that mentality you always believe you have a chance.

But I personally think his comments were a bigger picture statement than thinking his time has come