[FT] Rangers 3 (Barisic 21; Kent 45+2; Aribo 49) - 0 St Johnstone

2 hours ago, CammyF said:

I thought Kamara had a good game last night (as did Jack). CT even mentioned him as a possible MOTM.

Correct tho, both do little spectacular but are solid and crucial in the way we play (ball recycling, covering defenders when they go forward). 

Davis and Arfield do not offer the same when deployed there emphasising the requirement to strengthen in that particular department.

My first look at RTV this season and I was mightily impressed by how much more professional it is now with pundits on the pitch for example. McCann's punditry was especially good I thought. Getting Tyldesley was some coup though I used to hate his England bias.

2 hours ago, Rousseau said:

But, but but.. we don't need 2 DMs against diddy teams! 

The problem with the tired old “we don’t need 2 DM’s” line is that there is nothing wrong with 2 DM’s at least one of them is playing vertical passes.  I’d rather have 2 DM’s playing vertical passes than someone playing further forward (so not a DM) who goes sideways or backwards

We were rubbish for the first 20 minutes up until Barasic's stunner. We were rubbish for the last half hour when we made changes that weakened the team and those that came on didnt do anything to try to grab a shirt for the next game. I was happy with the changes we made and the timing of them, but disappointed at the attitude of the 4 who came on, who done a combined hee-haw in 30 minutes. 

The 40 minutes during which we scored the 3 goals was more like it. A marked increase in tempo, passing, pressing, running into space. It's lovely to watch when in full flow.

Oh how we are hard to please these days!

Bringing on four subs at once proves the point that being able to use five subs is likely to be detriment to the game in that a wholesale change can't be anything other than disruptive.

Okay we still won 3-0 but the changes interrupted our flow and could have resulted in a loss of goals which has the possibility of losing out in event of equal points totals.

Two defensive half backs two centre half's and two full back and yet Saint Johnstone got clean through for a guilt edged chance on goal , we need to tighten up at the back better finishers will punish slack defending 

7 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

We were rubbish for the first 20 minutes up until Barasic's stunner. We were rubbish for the last half hour when we made changes that weakened the team and those that came on didnt do anything to try to grab a shirt for the next game. I was happy with the changes we made and the timing of them, but disappointed at the attitude of the 4 who came on, who done a combined hee-haw in 30 minutes. 

The 40 minutes during which we scored the 3 goals was more like it. A marked increase in tempo, passing, pressing, running into space. It's lovely to watch when in full flow.

Oh how we are hard to please these days!

You must just need something to moan about.

I don't think any of the four displayed a poor attitude.

5 hours ago, compo said:

Two defensive half backs two centre half's and two full back and yet Saint Johnstone got clean through for a guilt edged chance on goal , we need to tighten up at the back better finishers will punish slack defending 

The players must feel the most painful remorse.