Team Talk For Sunday

1 hour ago, craig said:

If I was still back home you could have nipped into my house in West Calder for a pre-game beer Cammy.... alas, I came back to Bermuda on Monday

It would be a diet coke for me mate - 9 years now without s drink (lifestyle choice, long story). 

My cousins family live in Bermuda, always meant to visit when I was living in Toronto but never got round to it! 

FFS. We are Rangers Football Club. A 150 year old sporting institution that has built its success on power, skill, hard work and determination. Let the opposition say what they want. Just go out and be better than them in ALL departments. End of

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

10 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

FFS. We are Rangers Football Club. A 150 year old sporting institution that has built its success on power, skill, hard work and determination. Let the opposition say what they want. Just go out and be better than them in ALL departments. End of

Agreed.  But footballers are also mere humans and sometimes it takes a little arse-kicking/encouragement to get the best out of any team.

Surely our players want to win a trophy, so hardly any arse kicking should be required.

Livvy have a tiny fraction of our budget.  Anyone expecting their manager to line them up to play silky football against us is off their head.  All Holt is doing is being honest.

I can't get my head around a) Anyone caring what the Livvy manager says or B) Expecting opposition teams to be nice to us (on the pitch).

33 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Surely our players want to win a trophy, so hardly any arse kicking should be required.

Livvy have a tiny fraction of our budget.  Anyone expecting their manager to line them up to play silky football against us is off their head.  All Holt is doing is being honest.

I can't get my head around a) Anyone caring what the Livvy manager says or B) Expecting opposition teams to be nice to us (on the pitch).

Agree 100%

3 hours ago, CammyF said:

It would be a diet coke for me mate - 9 years now without s drink (lifestyle choice, long story). 

My cousins family live in Bermuda, always meant to visit when I was living in Toronto but never got round to it! 

Just as well Coke Zero aplenty in the house... next time maybe....

What is the family if you dont mind me asking - small community and everyone knows everyone else :) - I might know them....

You really should have bud - the ONLY financially feasible way of visiting Bermuda is to stay with family..... £500 a night in a hotel, £9 for a pint and £5 for a loaf isnt easy to stomach :ninja:

2 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Thought we were only 8 years old ? :ninja::roflmao:

2 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I personally have zero issue with it - i much prefer honesty, which is in part why I thoroughly enjoy listening to Gerrard's pre and post match pressers.

Some will slate Holt for being honest (slating the style of play he will deploy more than anything) but then also ridicule McInnes for saying that they want to take the game to Rangers or can compete for second place....

Sounds contrarian to me :ninja:

7 hours ago, craig said:

Not every team has the finances of Rangers and Celtic and, ergo, will attract certain types and standards of players.  They have a job to do which is to stay in the top division.  Nothing wrong with them playing to their own strengths, even though it isnt what we like to see ourselves.  I didnt see (m)any of us complain when parking the bus against Barcelona and holding on for a 0-0 draw.  

There isn't a difference between tight defence and blatant thuggery?