Premier League 2020/21

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

That's disgusting... how do Rangers get one?  :ninja: 

That's the million dollar question that most supporters ask. Try asking Everton who have been trying for years. 

5 hours ago, Rousseau said:

Maybe a jump too much for Potter, but I think he'd do well. 

The way Brighton play, they should easily be top half. They lack quality in the final third; their conversion rate is atrocious. 

Imagine what he could do with Bale, Kane, Son and Alli... (although two of those could be gone next season.)

Dont think Harry Potter could do a job at Spurs 

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

Will reply tomorrow mate.  But yeah agreed.

What do I know Wolves hit a double. Nuno is actually the manager Spurs need.

Stop trying to improve Spurs, I like them just the way they are. ;) 

17 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Agree, and unlike the Glaziers, Abramovich has at least used his own funds without leveraging debt on the club. One of the Interesting stats I noticed in a recent review of those ESL clubs, Chelsea was the only one of the twelve in the black. Also steps have been made to balance the books, hence the £130m for Hazard was used to buy most of the players bought last year, plus the emergence of Mount, James, Hudson Odoi, Gilmour, Christiansen, Abraham and Gallagher all coming through the youth team.  

It's not perfect but its is neither owned by a country or American franchisee and being milked. Then again, Mike Ashby has been doing that quite successfully at Newcastle and don't get me started on Gold/Sulivan at the spanners or Lewis/ Levy at the Spuds.

Is there any modern template of a decent owner?

Compared to the rest, Abramovich is a knight in shining armour. 

Mind you, that is setting a low bar. 

The guy who bought Leicester, and died tragically, seems to have been a decent owner. Are his heirs/successors continuing in the same vein? 

There may be some lessons to be taken from the Yanqui sports business/franchise model, but to import it wholesale would be unwise, and unacceptable.

1 hour ago, Uilleam said:

Compared to the rest, Abramovich is a knight in shining armour. 

Mind you, that is setting a low bar. 

The guy who bought Leicester, and died tragically, seems to have been a decent owner. Are his heirs/successors continuing in the same vein? 

There may be some lessons to be taken from the Yanqui sports business/franchise model, but to import it wholesale would be unwise, and unacceptable.

Yes ownership of football on the whole is seen as either a status symbol, a way to refinance debt or an opportunity to graft some cash, legally or not - there are exceptions but as Bury FC and Portsmouth before them to name just two of the many would testify, the size of the club is nothing compared to some of the owners egos, greed or incompetence... or all three.   

54 minutes ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Yes ownership of football on the whole is seen as either a status symbol, a way to refinance debt or an opportunity to graft some cash, legally or not - there are exceptions but as Bury FC and Portsmouth before them to name just two of the many would testify, the size of the club is nothing compared to some of the owners egos, greed or incompetence... or all three.   

Anyway, you seem to have won a watch with Herr Tuchel..

He came at the end of January and has done very well, with players who are not "his". 

It will be interesting to see what he does over the summer. 

11 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

Anyway, you seem to have won a watch with Herr Tuchel..

He came at the end of January and has done very well, with players who are not "his". 

It will be interesting to see what he does over the summer. 

Yep, he has done remarkably well with some of the players who downed tools for Lampard and like SG at Gers his own tactical nouce has mad Chelsea harder to beat, which is always a good starting point. If he can emulate DiMatteo and win the FA Cup and CL he will become a legend at the Bridge. Hopefully the powers that be will give him more time than Roberto.  

Just as well you reminded me, compo.

United 3-1 Leicester 

So’ton 1-1 Palace

Chelsea 3-0 Arsenal

Villa 1-1 Everton

United 2-0 Scousers

I’ll leave the cup final ‘til later. Heavy analysis of form data and predictive outcomes to be done, though Chelsea will win easy.