Premier League 2020/21

15 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Does 5th place not get a CL spot too? Chelsea or Man City are going to win the CL, so their (potential) spots are not needed, no?

That would make sense, but (if I understand correctly) no.

If Chelsea were to finish 5th but win the Champions League, they'd get a spot along with the top 4.

If the Chelsea or Man City win the Champions League and finish top 4, the champions of the country ranked 11 (Turkey this year, us next year) get upgraded to an automatic group stage spot.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2021.html

Edited by Thinker

3 minutes ago, Thinker said:

That would make sense, but (if I understand correctly) no.

If Chelsea were to finish 5th but win the Champions League, they'd get a spot along with the top 4.

If the Chelsea or Man City win the Champions League and finish top 4, the champions of the country ranked 11 (Turkey this year, us next year) get upgraded to an automatic group stage spot.

https://kassiesa.net/uefa/AccessList2021.html

Of course, it's UEFA - what was I thinking... :facepalm: 

Thanks. 

Magpies 0-2 City

Burnley 1-2 Leeds

So’ton  2-1 Fulham

BHA 2-1 Hammers

Palace 2-1 Villa

‘Spurs 2-0 Wolves

Throstles 0-3 Liverpool

Everton 2-0 Blades

Effy Cup Final

Chelsea 2-1 Leicester

On 14/05/2021 at 09:34, compo said:

Burnley 1 Leeds 4

That was unlucky. Close but no cigar as they say.

West Ham form has ended, ran out of steam at the last furlong. Top 4 was a tough ask but 5th would have been great. Now if Spurs win today it will be a fight with Everton for 7th.

Jammy Liverpool, unlucky for the Baggies. Good win for the Blades though - how bad have Everton been at home!

Midweek games with crowds back in the stadiums which will be good to see.

Man Utd 3-0 Fulham

Southampton 2-2 Leeds

Brighton 0-3 Man City

Chelsea 2-1 Leicester

Everton 1-0 Wolves

Newcastle 2-1 Sheff Utd

Tottenham 2-0 Aston Villa

Crystal Palace 1-2 Arsenal

Burnley 0-2 Liverpool

West Brom 1-2 West Ham

West Brom started well, but over the course, Liverpool were the better side. 

Their problem - like it has been all season - is their inability to convert their chances. Despite injuries, their defense has never been that bad. 

Firmino, Mane, and their midfield (injuries, here, to be fair) has just not been at the races this season. 

United 2 Fulham 0

Southampton 0 Leeds 3

Brighton 2 city1

Chelsea 2 Leicester 2

Everton 2 Wolves 0

Newcastle 3 Sheffield 2

Spurs 2 Villa 2

Palace 2 Arsenal 1

Burnley 2 liverpool 1

West Bromwich 3 Hammers 0

Not much time left to get this right.

United 4-0 Fulham

So’ton 1-2 Leeds

BHA 2-1 City

Chelsea 2-0 Leicester

Everton 2-1 Wolves

Newcastle 3-1 Blades

Hotspur 2-1 Villa

Palace 0-2 Arsenal

Burnley 1-3 Liverpool

Baggies 0-2 Hammers

Harry Kane tells Spurs he wants to leave. Totally correct move as he needs to move onto one of the elite clubs. He is a class act and comes across very measured and mature off the park. I hope he stays in the PL and breaks Shearers goal record and I think he can get very close.

For me he should go to Man Utd. I know they signed Cavani for another year who is brilliant and will get 20 goals IMO but Kane will get near 30 in that team. If they add someone like Declan Rice and a top centre half then they will challenge. He will suit Man Utd style of play better also.

Man City - Kane would have to adapt his game and also go from being the top man at Spurs to being on level par with about 5 City players. He will score goals for fun but I am not sure Pep's style is right for Kane. That said if he wants trophies then City is the place to go. City would be better off going for Son from Spurs.

Chelsea - Would fit them good but not sure he will cross London for Spurs massive rivals. I think the Spurs fans could actually accept him going to Manchester but not Chelsea.