[FT] Standard Liege 0 - 2 Rangers (Tavernier 19 pen; Roofe 90+3)

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

I think what we need to do, to give ourselves a chance, is start with Barker, then draw lots for the other positions. 

51 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I watched the game back the other day and he did a lot better than some fans suggested as live.  He wasn't as good as a few others but he was acceptable.

Jordan Campbell had a good piece on him in the Athletic. He says it’s a mistake to wait for a “big moment” from him and that his rise has been gradual, he pointed out that the management clearly trust him because he has been given a lot of big games. You are right Frankie that he is a bit like Kent, he is a winger to trade. He will never be my favourite player but he has a role to play and it would be great to see the management improve him as a player. 

I haven’t had time to look into Standard Liege the way I did with Willem II so I can guess how it will go but it won’t be a very educated guess this time. 

They don’t seem to score or concede many, but they compete well against very good sides. I think it will be tight and a draw will be a very good result here. A win would be outstanding. 

6 hours ago, Frankie said:

I think the manager will look to maintain momentum created from Saturday's win but I'd be surprised if there weren't at least two changes to the side.  IMO, Davis will be rested and Hagi or Jones may come in for Barker depending on what system Gerrard wants to deploy tonight.

I'd hope for a better start than we made away in Holland as we were lucky a few times in that game. If we can keep it tight, look after the ball when we have it and play our usual game on the counter then we should get another good result.

rfc_liege.jpg

Not often you're wrong Frankie but Jones was omitted from the 22 euro squad.

1 minute ago, alexscottislegend said:

Unless they think Balogun has a tad more pace as maybe they have quick forwards?

Correct, they have pace and would imagine that's why Balogun is playing, I like Balogun, very experienced International and is better with the ball than Helander. These days I am happy with whatever paring we have at CB, all good CBs'.