Benfica Interested In Kamara?

Unfortunately, we are getting towards the time each season where speculation is rife with transfer window opening next month.  I was sent a link this morning from the Newcastle Chronicle from a United fan stating they are taking a look at Kamara. No doubt there will be other players in our squad being targeted as well given we are in such a rich vein of form. I just hope we hold firm until the summer at least. The only exception could be Morelos, if the price set is met, of course.?

Because of the league we're in, it's inevitable players will want to move to more lucrative destinations.

The good thing is we have some players who are playing well enough to bring in significant transfer fees (Kamara, Morelos, Barisic and Aribo immediately spring to mind).  Given the last set of accounts, we're going to need to sell some of them, if not in January then in the Summer.

I want players to do well at Rangers and to enjoy their time here, hopefully winning some silverware but I don't expect many to wish to settle here or to view it as good as it gets - Scottish football is a joke, thanks to the SFA/SPFL.

Once we win our league back we can maybe focus on the future more than we've been able to recently.

Kamara is a very clever player but he isn't irreplaceable. 

10 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

The one thing Ive learned over the years is that there's no such thing as an irreplaceable player.

27 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

Because of the league we're in, it's inevitable players will want to move to more lucrative destinations.

The good thing is we have some players who are playing well enough to bring in significant transfer fees (Kamara, Morelos, Barisic and Aribo immediately spring to mind).  Given the last set of accounts, we're going to need to sell some of them, if not in January then in the Summer.

I want players to do well at Rangers and to enjoy their time here, hopefully winning some silverware but I don't expect many to wish to settle here or to view it as good as it gets - Scottish football is a joke, thanks to the SFA/SPFL.

Once we win our league back we can maybe focus on the future more than we've been able to recently.

If we sell in the summer then I hope they are replaced with players of a similar potential. I want to see us make a serious attempt at the Champions League, otherwise what's the point of our existence. Though you make a good point about being able to focus on the long term. Ajax would be my model.

We simply have to sell one player for £15m plus in January to finance ourselves through to the summer. If we sell 2 players we can buy one. We have too many players, too high a wage bill, no room for youths to come through and get their chance, and we have to be realistic about our finances.

If never again means never again, we have to balance our books.

We have got ourselves in such a good place in terms of quality and depth of squad, there is not one player I think we couldn’t do without now, which is first time in 20 years I think I can say that. 

18 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

We simply have to sell one player for £15m plus in January to finance ourselves through to the summer.

18 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

there is not one player I think we couldn’t do without now

I'd be very worried if Tav, Barisic or Roofe went in January.  

Edited by Gonzo79

51 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

We simply have to sell one player for £15m plus in January to finance ourselves through to the summer. If we sell 2 players we can buy one. We have too many players, too high a wage bill, no room for youths to come through and get their chance, and we have to be realistic about our finances.

If never again means never again, we have to balance our books.

We have got ourselves in such a good place in terms of quality and depth of squad, there is not one player I think we couldn’t do without now, which is first time in 20 years I think I can say that. 

Maybe Club1872 could help out. I’m sure fans would be glad to contribute. 

Fir big money we could afford to sell any one player, not more. 

Edited by Bill