[FT] St Mirren 3 - 2 Rangers (Goldson 7; Davis 88)

Just now, Uilleam said:

It's St Mirren, ffs. And it's a cup. 

If we play poorly and win, I am told that it is the result that matters.

If we play poorly and lose, I am told to shut up.

Who has told you to shut up?

2 hours ago, DMAA said:

Attacking line up. I would have preferred Hagi to Kent on this pitch. St Mirren have been very good defensively against the big clubs in recent years and if they sit deep there might not be a lot of space to run in behind. 

Seems you were correct!

I’m not going to overreact, even though it is a total embarrassment in the context of Celtic having gone out and the cup being there for the taking, we have handed the media the narrative that we are serial bottlers. 

But I think the gaffer and players learned some valuable lessons tonight. Well I hope they have. You can’t go to a ground like that and not work as hard as them, and you can’t go to a ground like that without some of your most important players starting. 

I will be very glad when Helander comes back too. Balogun has done a good job but IMO we are stronger at the back with the big Swede. 

Edited by DMAA

Best chance we've had to win a cup in years and players decide not to show up? Questions need to be asked, it might be a one off, but it's cost us a long-awaited trophy in my opinion. 

If we win the league, this game, result and performance will (rightly) be forgotten about, but May 2021 is a long, long, long way away.

Saturday will tell us is we are worrying unduly or not.

3 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Best chance we've had to win a cup in years and players decide not to show up? Questions need to be asked, it might be a one off, but it's cost us a long-awaited trophy in my opinion. 

If we win the league, this game, result and performance will (rightly) be forgotten about, but May 2021 is a long, long, long way away.

Saturday will tell us is we are worrying unduly or not.

May is certainly far away indeed. Especially when you consider we have Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen away in the space of a month in the early new year fixtures. First things first though. Saturday and 3 pts. 

2 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

May is certainly far away indeed. Especially when you consider we have Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen away in the space of a month in the early new year fixtures. First things first though. Saturday and 3 pts

Correct, win on Saturday and the gap is 16pts.

16 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Who has told you to shut up?

Well you, if not in those particular words.

May I remind you that the fhilth play for a trophy at the weekend, and that tonight's result will be a major fillip. 

I  fear that they will win, and build on that with confidence. I fear that they will gain momentum. I fear that  we will look on wondering, again, where it all went wrong.