[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Roofe 27; Morelos 33)

We have a number of options up front and all have contributed notably at various times during this season, but for one reason or another they lose a bit of form, get injured, are rotated, are more fringe than first XI, etc and aren't 8/10 every week.

IMO SG&Co have managed this issue successfully and it's unreasonable to expect perfection.

I'd also add that good recruitment makes their job easier.

On 02/01/2021 at 16:52, DMAA said:

When? Any time I have commented on a game without having seen it I have made that known as a caveat, and have never made a comment beyond the scope of what I have seen. 

You are getting personal and it’s uncalled for. Argue with the content of my comments, that is what I do with others. I have no bias against a Rangers player, I call it as I see it and some don’t like that. 

"I won’t comment on Alfie as I haven’t seen the second half, other than to say I hope that miss removes any temptation to drop Hagi for him or play him ahead of Itten. Alfie should be settling for a bit part role until his form improves, it’s not fair on the other players who are playing well and have had to sit on the bench for much of the season."

You didn't see how he played but are calling for him to have a bit part role.

Perhaps you don't mean it but you appear to be eager to criticise him and appear to take every opportunity to do so.

2 hours ago, Bluedell said:

"I won’t comment on Alfie as I haven’t seen the second half, other than to say I hope that miss removes any temptation to drop Hagi for him or play him ahead of Itten. Alfie should be settling for a bit part role until his form improves, it’s not fair on the other players who are playing well and have had to sit on the bench for much of the season."

You didn't see how he played but are calling for him to have a bit part role.

Perhaps you don't mean it but you appear to be eager to criticise him and appear to take every opportunity to do so.

Come on, that was not in any way “having a go” at Morelos. I had watched the first half of that game and seen Hagi and Roofe win the game for us again. The only way Morelos was going to play was if Hagi was dropped and yes I thought another really big miss was enough reason to say he shouldn’t be taking Hagi’s place. “A bit-part role until he regains form” is hardly “having a go” either, it just means trying to regain form from the bench or until other players lose form and stop delivering as they have been. 

I commented later in that thread saying,

”Finished the whole game now...Morelos taking that chance would have been the icing on the cake because it was a gift, but for me the gaffer should be seriously thinking about giving others a chance going into this old firm game, the competition is very strong and Hagi’s involvement in two goals as well as some very good build up play should stand him in good stead. Itten and Arfield should also be in contention.”

I don’t see how you can have a go at me for those comments, there is nothing wrong with a Rangers fan believing Morelos doesn’t merit a starting place ahead of other Rangers players. I have seen fans having needless digs at players many a time and that is not what I did, I shared my opinion on an upcoming old firm match and I explained why I believed it. 

Edited by DMAA