[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Roofe 27; Morelos 33)

Today's game did nothing to dispel the growing feeling that we've been losing momentum for a few weeks. I just hope we get through the Celtic game unscathed but more than anything else I hope we don't see a repeat of our recent January blues. If Gerrard is keeping an inspirational team talk up his sleeve I suggest he deploys it now.

Today marked out 13th straight league victory since Hibs scored an offside equaliser at Easter Road. If that was to have been correctly ruled out, we'd be sitting 17 game winning streak. 

For those fans who are claiming some sort of "blip", please re-read the above stat - 13 league victories on the trot. 

Football is about winning games, performances are secondary, especially at this time of the season. As someone said above, I'd take 2-0s like today's between now and end of season.

Only got to listen to most of the game today so I’m still to see it. But that is now 5 goal contributions for Hagi in 4 games/3 starts (including his shot which was spilled for Roofe to score). These last four games have been very difficult games where we haven’t been at our best and goals and assists haven’t been as easy to come by as at other times of the season and he has still delivered consistently with contributions that have directly resulted in a goal. That’s is the attacking midfielders job, first and foremost. Hopefully he keeps his place for Celtic. 

Edited by DMAA

Here's our December's league results broken down ;

18 points from 18, 15 goals scored, 2 conceded - utterly outstanding.

4-0 v Ross County (away)

2-1 v Dundee Utd (away)

3-1 v Motherwell (home)

3-0 v St Johnstone (away)

1-0 v Hibs (home)

2-0 v St Mirren (away)

49 minutes ago, Bill said:

Today's game did nothing to dispel the growing feeling that we've been losing momentum for a few weeks. I just hope we get through the Celtic game unscathed but more than anything else I hope we don't see a repeat of our recent January blues. If Gerrard is keeping an inspirational team talk up his sleeve I suggest he deploys it now.

January will be tough. We have Aberdeen and Hibs away as well as Celtic at home.

Hate to sound negative but I'd take a draw with the Tims in a heartbeat. At least that retains our 7pt advantage 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I think part of it is due to squad rotation and injuries. Today's midfield played well individually but we're missing the chaos that Arfield's runs cause.

It's also partly due to teams figuring out how to combat us and to lessen the threats (man-mark Tav) and also the worsening of the weather conditions doesn't suit us.